Reaction score
Can anyone help me root my x2 please
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup... You should be able to use the Droid 3 one click root...
I also have a greedy link for it in my sig.. Root: ginger
We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I moved your thread to the "Droid X2 Hacks" section.

And like Nemo said that method should work. Also, ignore that it is called the "D3" method, it works on multiple Moto devices.

infantry667

Reaction score
A lot of X2 users are either getting phones with recent 2.3.4 updates or 2.3.5 updates or they are receiving OTA's, many of which contain fixes for the exploit that most root methods use to root the X2. You need to look up the new Zergrush method by a dev named Doomlord. That method works for all of the new 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 updates that the Nazi's at Motorola and Verizon sent out. Those jerks never wanna let us have any fun.

Sent from my bad-ass, Liberated X2!

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
D3 method works fine on 2.3.4. There is no 2.3.5 OTA. However there is a Motorola dev 2.3.5 beta build in the wild which does require the zergRUSH method.

zergRUSH will work on anything available X2 wise right now and it's way faster than the D3 method.

For information and download see http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41454

Sent from my Android device.

Last edited:

infantry667

Reaction score
Oh ok well I know from experience there are 2.3.4 OTA updates that Motorola has sent out with a fix for the old exploit and can only be rooted with zergrush or other methods that use the same exploit.

Sent from my hulkified X2

infantry667

Reaction score
You are right, 2.3.5 has not been available OTA but there are places to download the full "official" update. The latest builds of 2.3.4 that have been sent to some X2 users (including me ) can only be rooted using zergrush or a root method that uses the same exploit.

Sent from my hulkified X2