Help with text msgs when phone is on vibrate

mohamede

Reaction score
When I set my ringer to vibrate, I do not receive any text msg alerts. My phone does not vibrate. I have to constantly turn the screen on to see if I received any text message and there is no doubt that turning on the screen as much as i do kills my battery. When my phone is on ringer, I hear the tone that I received a text, but when it's set to vibrate I get nothing. Please help! :icon_eek:

EvilAsh

Reaction score
You will need to go into Verizon and have them do a hard reset, my phone did the same thing.

cromo8

Reaction score
have u gone to messagin notifications make sure the vibrate is on for messages?

OP
M

mohamede

Reaction score
Vibrate is checked under settings. I will go to the vz store tomorrow to try the hard reset. Hopefully that fixes it.

hashsi99

Reaction score
Download sound manager from the market. Select vibrate settings. Then you can uninstall. Should work then.

OP
M

mohamede

Reaction score
Sound manager fixed it! Thanks a lot! You saved me from making a trip to the vz store today.

Reaction score
didn't work

I tried sound manager and it didn't work.
i'm so frustrated with this. I really need my phone to vibrate when i get text msgs.
anyone have other ideas?

hashsi99

Reaction score
Did you open up the vibrate settings in sound manager? Select them and make sure the phone vibrates before you exit sound manager.

Double check your vibrate settings in the text message app.

lordammon

Reaction score
Did you open up the vibrate settings in sound manager? Select them and make sure the phone vibrates before you exit sound manager.

Double check your vibrate settings in the text message app.

That worked great for me too! I was having this problem with my Droid X. After I confirmed that vibrate worked I un-installed Sound Manager and it still worked after that.