Help with telnet Code

Innerchaos

Reaction score
Please help

I have been looking for a source code to make a telnet App for my droid...
Connectbot is supposedly open source but when I loaded it up in eclipse... WOW what a twisted bunch of code... I tried for hours to strip it down to just the SSH or Telnet client and couldn’t do it.
I understand ZATelnet used to be open source and simple but there is no longer any valid links to their code.

I also see that there may be a term source code on code.google.com (I assume it’s a terminal App.) but I don’t have a Linux box to use git and repo so I am begging here on this forum.

Yes I know I can download various clients that can and do work well on my droid... but what I want to do is make a few one click apps that will connect to an [ip : port] that I have preprogrammed so I don’t have to keep retyping the IP and Port and so on...

Yes I have tried BTEP and they have Almost got what I need with their SSH/Telnet client however it automatically defaults the port to 23 each time you use it... I don’t want to have to keep changing the ports.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance

I have to install this on 4 different guy’s phones and they all think it’s too much trouble to have to change the parameters each time they want to connect.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i could send you the repo to any app you want. ill use git to download it... idk what your using, i guess windows?

OP
I

Innerchaos

Reaction score
That would be great if you see the term source
But how does the project import into eclipse from repo?

I am seriously thinking i may have to learn linux... not that it would be a bad thing just time consuming.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Idk reallly, I've never used windows. I wish I could help more.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
I

Innerchaos

Reaction score
Jeff
If you can grab the project called term at the code.google.com I will at least take a look and see if I can use it with eclipse. also if there are any associated class files that I need. I will send you ftp info via PM through the forums here

Thanks in advance for this and I will update if it works... and I will post this project if ever complete hehe