Help with poor camera focus performance

smithk3933

Reaction score
My Droid RAZR seems to take very poor pictures. Most of the time after taking pictures they turn out blurry. It's like the shutter speed is very slow and any movement causes out of focus. I've tried two methods and neither seems to help. First I hold the camera on scene until white box turns green and then press the shutter button. Second I hold the shutter button until box turns green and then release. Either method and it seems it takes seconds before I hear the simulated shutter release.

My results are terrible. I didn't have this issue with the previous DROID of course it did have an actual button for shutter. Any ideas?

Keith

senker

Reaction score
yea the camera still sucks.

What i did to improve it a little bit.

1. Make sure the lense is clean
2. Make sure your phone is up to date, the last update did improve it a bit.
3. Factory reset. Annoying to do but did see an improvement.

Billyd

Reaction score
I was never happy with D1 camera but the X was much better. Now my Razor camera was ok but was having similar problems untill just last night as I was checking Google Play and noticed an app that I had purchased long ago but was not installed. The app is Camera Zoom FX and they have made remarkable improvements in it's GUI and capabilities.

Now after learning it again I am so far very pleased with the results and especially the access to many more features.
Hope that's helpful
X/BillyD..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My Droid RAZR seems to take very poor pictures. Most of the time after taking pictures they turn out blurry. It's like the shutter speed is very slow and any movement causes out of focus. I've tried two methods and neither seems to help. First I hold the camera on scene until white box turns green and then press the shutter button. Second I hold the shutter button until box turns green and then release. Either method and it seems it takes seconds before I hear the simulated shutter release.

My results are terrible. I didn't have this issue with the previous DROID of course it did have an actual button for shutter. Any ideas?

Keith

I'm sorry to hear you are having less than satisfactory results with your camera. I can tell you that this is not what is considered normal. There are plenty of examples of beautiful, clear, focused and vibrant photography that has been posted from other users of the RAZR. I would suggest you check the mode you have the camera set to, whether it's set to A (Auto), or some other setting such as Sunset, Night Portrait or Low Light as these settings when used without flash will result in a longer shutter open timeframe and if there is even the slightest movement it will result in blury pictures.

Otherwise, I would agree that there are better camera clients out there, including Camera ZOOM FX. Give some of the apps a try and you might find the problem resolved.

Good luck! ;)

Jett3

Reaction score
First of all you should make sure your camera lens is clean and in good condition if this is good and best working then try to take auto focus and then make the photo because the old and poor quality cameras mostly have this problem and this is why these cameras are not famous and every body don't like to purchase this...