Help with moving Apps onto SD card

OP
J

JohnnyThrash

Reaction score
Don't apologize, hahaha.. We've been off topic for a while now. I'm playing around with my Epic and just curious about getting it rooted. I think I'm going to go down the PC route.

And what's the process for flashing roms to a phone?
And I thank you for all your responses.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you say back up, do you mean backing up data from my phone?

No. Sorry I was not clearer. What I was referring to was making a backup of your OS. There are apps (Titanium and MyBackUp Pro) that backup your apps and data and even the OS settings (call log, text messages)

When you install a rom you need to wipe the data and cache of the existing rom. If you have an issue you restore the backup and recover your OS.

Hope this clarifies.

Mike

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the epic. I have a D2 and use Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery. It just boots me into the Clockworkmod where all the magic happens.

OP
J

JohnnyThrash

Reaction score
You have a rooted phone too?

OP
J

JohnnyThrash

Reaction score
Yeah. That's what I want to do. I want to root my phone without the use of a pc. It just seems like such a hassle having to go through all that. Plus, I'm at work and want a simple way of doing this.

If I find out how, I'm doing it. Are the backup apps free?

OP
J

JohnnyThrash

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. You guys will be the first to know how it goes once I get a free minute tonight.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but the paid are much better and worth the dollars. I have both.

OP
J

JohnnyThrash

Reaction score
Ok I just opened up the apk file. I sould probably allow non market applications to download huh? I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!

OP
J

JohnnyThrash

Reaction score
I just tried rooting my phone using z4, everything was fine up until it said, "running exploit in order to access root..."
My phone froze up with the loading icon spinning for a good 10 minutes. At first I was able to toggle sound, just to see if my screen was fine. I noticed my phone locked up when the time was not changing. I literally panicked and pulled my battery out. I deleted the file and I don't think that my phone is rooted as I checked my system settings and everything looks the same.

I don't know if I will do it again. Hahaha!