Help with co-worker root/ flash rom over phone?

DrifterX

Reaction score
I've got a co-worker who wants to root his DX too. I did mine, with a pc. Now I know I can root his phone using z4 root then get bootstrap but can I install Liberty rom over the phone? I'm at work...so is there a liberty zip file that I can dl to his phone? Like the TBH app. Please help, thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

D

dankarlinski

He will need to download the liberty zip file from the internet. Use z4 to root, and download the bootstrap to get to recovery

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
Well I looked in the Liberty roms section and see that there is a "torrent" and "FTP's" to download? I'm still a noob and don't really understand what those means. Is any one of them the actual zip file? If not, can someone add a direct link to the zip file..on here? If it's alot of work & trouble, then its ok. I'll just take his phone home and do it. But thanks again for the quick response. I've only started messing with my phone 2 wks ago, so I'm still learning myself.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Well I looked in the Liberty roms section and see that there is a "torrent" and "FTP's" to download? I'm still a noob and don't really understand what those means. Is any one of them the actual zip file? If not, can someone add a direct link to the zip file..on here? If it's alot of work & trouble, then its ok. I'll just take his phone home and do it. But thanks again for the quick response. I've only started messing with my phone 2 wks ago, so I'm still learning myself.

Ftp is what you want to select

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, will try when boss man is not looking.