Help with an email problem

Abby Normal

Reaction score
My Droid 1 crashed and I got a replacement from Verizon. I got everything back on as I had it before.....

One of my email accounts (comcast) was loaded in and working fine until about a week or so ago....

When I check my email it does give me all the new messages but then it goes back somehow and gives me all the email from May also.....

Today it not only gave me May emails but it also gave me two emails from Dec 31, 1969:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Also my old Droid when I deleted from my inbox it was gone from the phone but with this new one, I have to delete from my inbox and then go and delete from the Trash folder also...

This is a real PAIN in the A**.

I stopped into the Verizon store today and then said the software is the reason I have to delete twice. I asked why I didn't have to before and they said the original software worked without double deleting and then all the upgrades added to the original software but this phone has a load of right now up to date and it makes me delete twice...

They have no answer as why my phone is picking old email and wanted to reload the basic software to fix the issue....

I don't want to reload everything back on phone again, nor do I want to delete like crazy everyday....

I hate to stop using my phone for the comcast email but I going crazy with all the double deleting and all the old mail coming in every time I check my mail....

I hope some one has a fix for this...

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
OK, I got my own answer....

The emails with the wrong dates are usually spam or junk mail....

So it makes sense that these are zombie computers taken over by spammers or back door Trojans etc etc....

So they probably have bad batteries on the motherboard and the date is no longer valid... These emails are being sent out today but the computer they are coming from have the wrong date.....

DUH !!! I can't believe I didn't catch that one quicker......