help rooting my droid x

leftspin

Reaction score
Depends on what system version you're on. Could be easy as one click or a little more complex.

Look in Settings>About Phone to find out, and post back here

androiduser2459

Reaction score
Gingerbreak is the easiest way I know of to root the DX. U download the app, then push the root button. That's it. I wish rooting all phones was that easy.

leftspin

Reaction score
Gingerbreak is the easiest way I know of to root the DX. U download the app, then push the root button. That's it. I wish rooting all phones was that easy.

Gingerbreak only works on a pretty outdated software version, there have been a couple updates to the Droid X software that it won't root. This thread is also pretty old at this point, I don't think OP is ever coming back to check it

androiduser2459

Reaction score
Ya, I didn't think he'd actually see it. A lot of people I talk to don't know about gingerbread, so I figured I'd throw it out there. Had to do a factory reset, and now I'm back to 2.3.3, so it worked great for me. Also, I'm in an extended network, so verizon catch push me updates if they wanted too.

leftspin

Reaction score
Yeah most people I know never heard of Gingerbreak either, it was nice because it was like z4root where you could root the device with just the app, no computer required.