HELP PLZ Download Unsuccessful

rhino22077

Reaction score
I can't download or update any apps. Almost instantly after it starts downloading it says download unsuccessful. I called Verizon and they told me how to do the factory reset but the phone wouldn't let me. I got "No reset was performed because the System Clear service is not available" Can anybody help?

eliassami5

Reaction score
I can't download or update any apps. Almost instantly after it starts downloading it says download unsuccessful. I called Verizon and they told me how to do the factory reset but the phone wouldn't let me. I got "No reset was performed because the System Clear service is not available" Can anybody help?

did you try downloading the apps multiple times? are you connected to wifi or have a good 3g connection? Try going to settings > applications > manage applications > click on the all tab > market > and clear data. Now try and download the apps again.

If that dosent work you may want to reset your phone by first shutting it off completely. Hold down the "x" button on the keyboard while at the same time powering on the phone, keep holding down the x button (you can let go of the power button once the moto logo appears) untill you see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it. Next, Press the up volume button and the camera button at the same time to enter recovery mode, scroll down to factory reset with the D-pad, and select it by pressing the gold center D-pad button, once done select reboot phone.

OP
R

rhino22077

Reaction score
download unsuccessful

Thanks for replying! I have a good 3G connection and have tried multiple times downloading apps. Tried the hard reset with the power button and "x" and all I got was the Motorola symbol and had to take out the battery to shut it down. I had tried that before with the Verizon guy on the phone and it didn't work then either. They said they might have to send a new phone or wait for the update that is supposed to be this Friday but I was hoping there was something else I could do.