HELP plz :/ camera problems

munchies1993

Reaction score
i just got the moto droid yesterday from my aunt and i click on the camera and it jus goes to blackscreen andforce closes. how do i fix this?

mash

Reaction score
Mine did that so I took it back to the store- the rep turned it off, removed the battery for a second and then restarted the phone- everything back to normal. Guess we just need to reboot these critters now and then.

OP
M

munchies1993

Reaction score
Well i tried tht a couple times. But ill try couple more times

Raiden7800

Reaction score
So.... what fixed it? I have the same problem... driving me nuts!

brochaos

Reaction score
some roms (including stock) had this problem for me. right now, i've been running LFY and CM6 without the issue. no one is really sure what causes it...

Raiden7800

Reaction score
Here is my resolution:

I called Verizon, and talkes with their tech. Told him the issues, and he said that it sounds like a hardware malfunction. He is overnighting me a "like-new" Droid A855 just like the one I have. I will have a 90 day exchange through Verizon on the new unit. This is not through Asurion, it is directly through Verizon. That being said, the warranty on my original is still good through the end of March, so I would have about 2 weeks after the 90-days are up to still get help through Motorola, without having to pay like I would with asurion. After the end of March, its all asurion, so I am hoping that my new unit doesn't come bundled with issues.