Help please..

Nhallen773

Reaction score
Droid Razr

So i accidentally dropped my phone into the toilette (thankfully clean) while it was on, i quickly pulled it out and dried it off with a paper towel, and turned it off. Later (since i was in Switzerland during that time and i couldn't really get any rice) i just let it sit for a while. Since my phone had been at really low battery when i turned it off i plugged it in to charge, and it showed on the screen it was at 0%, but it wouldn't get any higher than 0%.

When i got home (to the states) i plugged my phone into my lap top, and it got up to 10% battery, and then it turned on by itself, but after 2 min of it being on it froze and turned black. I plugged it back in and it turned on again, but once again froze and turned off and started charging again. The next day it happened again, but this time after it turned off it wouldn't charge, and no matter what i do the screen stays black. Help anyone??!

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Doesn't sound good. Keep it off, plug it in to the factory charger and cable. Let it charge..

But by the sound of it.. I really hope you have insurance..

Welcome to the droid forums.. sorry to meet you on such a sour note ..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
It couldn't hurt to try putting in some rice now before you charge. I know some people don't believe that it helps but I'm thinking at this point it couldn't hurt. You might still have some condensation in the phone. I would then leave it charging all night..... I'm with our moderator friend though, I hope you bought insurance. Welcome to DF.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah and drop in a few of the silica gel packs... like what you find in beef jerky. Seriously. It couldn't hurt

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Hopefully you can get everything settled with your phone :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Keep us posted if you have any luck with the rice or silica packets...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I also agree with 94lt1, the reason it was cutting out may very well be the charge level and NOT the water, but there's no amount of prevention that's too much in that situation. If you can afford to be without the phone, at least overnight, leave it in the rice. If you can afford longer, do it. Also, warmth while in the rice will help the moisture to evaporate from the inside of the phone and soak into the rice. You may benefit from sitting it somewhere warm (NOT HOT), like the window sill in the sun, Alternatively you could heat the rice briefly in the microwave before placing the phone inside. Remember, the rice shouldn't be hot to the touch. If you can stick your hand in and leave it there for 30 seconds, it's not too hot.

OP
N

Nhallen773

Reaction score
no it's still staying off but thanks for all the advice, i'm taking the phone into the Verizon store tomorrow so i'll see how it goes.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. I hope things went well at the store. DancingNexus