Help? Please :(

kaylakinetic

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon my Android screen went black just like normal when I locked it. The problem occurred when I pressed the power button once, to get ready to unlock the phone. The screen was completely black, but the phone itself was still on. I have tried countless times with reseting the phone by taking out the battery and turning it back on. No matter what I do the screen remains black.
I have several missed calls and text messages that I need to read :( If there is ANY way to fix this, please let me know. Or possibly somehow being able to view the Android screen on my computer and navigating on the PC as well to see what I need?

Thanks a ton
~Kayla

OP
kaylakinetic

kaylakinetic

Reaction score
Also, I've never dropped the phone or gotten it wet. :(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would be making a trip back to VZW...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
me too.. if you haven't done anything to it, i would go get a replacement.

OP
kaylakinetic

kaylakinetic

Reaction score
I did, but the people working there didn't know what to do. They're sending me a replacement phone via Fed-Ex that will be here by Tuesday. But the text messages and missed calls are important and I can't view them on the new phone once I get it :( So I'm trying to find a way to either fix this one, or display the screen on my PC.

OP
kaylakinetic

kaylakinetic

Reaction score
Can't see anything on the screen, even when booted in safe mode. Also, if I did a factory reset, wouldn't it erase the text messages I need to see? As well as ability to access my voicemail?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it will erase your stuff on there, but if it fixes the problem then you would get any further texts.. voicemail is not saved on the phone, you can call your VM from a landline.

OP
kaylakinetic

kaylakinetic

Reaction score
I see. :/ well, no need for factory reset if it'll erase what I need. And even if I wanted to I can't see what I'm doing anyways ._.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i wish someone else would chime in here, i'm really not a tech guy...

OP
kaylakinetic

kaylakinetic

Reaction score
Haha. It's alright :) I'm just glad someone else is concerned about my phone besides me.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just keep bumping this up every few minutes... if you don't get an answer tonight then we likely don't have one for you... sucks.

OyVOid

Reaction score
You won't necessarily lose all your mail. You can go on your pc at home, work, or even the library and acess your email account. Whether it be gmail or another account. The mail is still waiting to be read and only you can delete it.