Help Please. Stuck in Bootloader

Jeff_23

Reaction score
Hi, I used universal androot to root my Droid 1 on Friday. Saturday I started getting the update for frg22d. So today I read that clockworkmod recovery would block the update when it tries to install. So I installed it from rom manager and made a nandroid backup. Then I tried to see if it'd block the update and it didn't.

So tonight I tried to do it manually following the instructions in this post - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html. Everything went good til I got to step

13. Power the phone off again. With the keyboard open, press and hold the "X" key on the physical keyboard and keep it held while you power the phone on. Once the phone comes on you can release the power button, but keep the "X" button held until you see the the Motorola logo

I got the "Pass" from step 12. But now it won't boot into recovery. All I get is the bootloader.

Please help. Appreciate it in advanced. Really hope I didn't screw up my droid. Would insurance cover this if I did?

Why did Google block the one click root option anyway?

OP
J

Jeff_23

Reaction score
Sweet! I took the battery out this afternoon and was able to boot into recovery and finish the process. I think its good now.