HELP: phone possibly bricked rooting 2.1

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I didn't even know about your post, that thing needs to be stuck up, and be the first thing you see when you log onto droidforums. Because there are a lot of people making rooting harder than is has to be with adb and the sdk, or going all the way back to 2.0.1. Thats only the way to go when you don't want a Rom, but even Pete fixed that.

As soon as I saw what pete put together I decided to make the post, so it is new as of tonight. I just made it a sticky in the forum where it resides. It's got links to the droid-life videos too, which should also help assist folks getting through the process.

JCo352

Reaction score
and i just read the link in your sig...thats like a million times easy. why wouldnt the OP of the instructions i used just do that and make life 1,000,000 times easier?

do you need to use petes update to root? i want root, but im not particularly looking to run stock 2.1. i want something thats quick/snappy and wont give me issues (FC's, app glitches, service issues, etc). more screens is nice, but not essential. and i dont really care to overclock...though ill probably reinstall setcpu if i decide i want to

If I may suggest JRummy's, it is really nice. It comes with a Bekit's 5 slot 1200mhz kernel out of the box. He will be updating to v0.7 tomorrow so I would wait for the new stuff. It's going to fix a couple of minor bugs, but I am running v0.6 right now with no FC's.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and i just read the link in your sig...thats like a million times easy. why wouldnt the OP of the instructions i used just do that and make life 1,000,000 times easier?

do you need to use petes update to root? i want root, but im not particularly looking to run stock 2.1. i want something thats quick/snappy and wont give me issues (FC's, app glitches, service issues, etc). more screens is nice, but not essential. and i dont really care to overclock...though ill probably reinstall setcpu if i decide i want to

That same 4th link will show you how to root your stock rom. I've been happy with helix launcher, so far its has been my favorite alternative homescreen app but it sounds like you're looking for something else. There are a few out there. home++ was my previous screen of choice.

Any of the roms on this forum run smooth. You have on recommendation already. I know which one I'd recommend so I don't. Look them over find one that appeals to you. See how they look, and what features they come with.

Toldya the instructions you tried looked narly:) They work just fine, but go way in depth.

good luck and there is an entire forum here to lend a hand if need be.