Help! My milestone won't start up...

cherrybombaz

Reaction score
So today, when I tried to turn on my milestone, nothing happened. The screen didn't light up and there was no light. I took out the battery and put it back in, but still, nothing happened. I tried plugging it into the wall charger, but the white charging indicator light would just flash for a split second, and then nothing again. I've left it plugged in for a few hours now, but nothing is happening.

Axecain

Reaction score
Did you root? Or is everything stock? Try booting into recovery.

On startup hold power + camera or x on the keyboard.

sentry

Reaction score
have same problem, but in my case charging led is active, but phone not work.
my phone only rooted and not overclocked.
do you decided this problem?

JoshSkillz

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, Rooted and Ocd 2.1 and i tried to edit the /system/bin/mot_boot_mode file so that the over clock would be applied on startup

now it just sits on the motorola logo on startup

Any ideas?

Sergio Lorenzo

Reaction score
If it's a bootoader issue, you can retry RDS lite with sdb 90.78 like when you tryed to get root.

Once both three of us could enter bootloader, just enter adb-mode and apply nandroid restore, if you have a nandroid image. If this not results, could be because of moddifying some internal files that nandroid doensn't overwrite.

In that case, I can tell you that:

- try to get into openrecovery or similar
- get adb access form PC (like when we were getting root access)
- enter superuser mode ($ su --> # ) and mount system RW (# mount -a)
- replace manually all files you remembered to be modified (tell me if you need a copy of them and I'll supply ;-) )

and if it still doesn't work you can try modifying OC and other features from this openrecovery special mod -->

http://droid.fufus-world.de/downloads/LMF_openrec_v14.zip --> just extract to sdcard (Openrecovery folder and update.zip)

overwrite files in the openrecovery folder with these ones --> http://droid.fufus-world.de/download...14_update1.zip

enter recovery mode and take a look at all options, including:
set custom OC and reset OC!!!

NEW VERSION LMF Recovery MOD HERE

Last edited:

bluewolf

Reaction score
I believe your missunderstanding the questiong.

It is not a rooted or not rooted issue. the problem is hardware not software.

the system does not power up at all. as if you flick on the light switch and the light does not come on.

if you press the top button on the phone it does not reacts as if there is no battery.

has any one else recieved this issue?

bluewolf

Reaction score
Played with it. took out the battery, cleaned the connectors, pluged it in, tried to start with no battery, put back in the battery... etc etc all kinds of random "will this work" attempts to fix it.

finaly started working again for no apperant reason...

melvillebutler

Reaction score
In this circumstances , You have to check the battery power , If All the things are ok then You will do power recycling means You have to switch off the milestone and remove the battery , After few minutes You have switch on. I am sure that It should be work very well and also You will get your milestone as same as previously.

jonnyj99

Reaction score
So today when I tried to change my stage, nothing happened. I tried plugging it into the wall charger, but the white light flashes while charging only a fraction of a second, then nothing again.when I tried to change my stage, nothing happened.

ronikself

Reaction score
when I tried to turn on my milestone, nothing happened. The screen didn't light up and there was no light.My Milestone turned itself off earlier this evening, and now I can't turn it back on. I have tried removing the battery , waiting, and replacing the battery, but the device still won't power on.

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Does bootloader open? If not, make sure your battery life is over half then start bootloader. If not, try opening recovery and wipe all data