Help i think my droid is bricked

Reaction score
I feel like crying right now i was trying to change the Verizon wireless in the Notification bar and accidentally deleted the framework-res.apk file in /system/framework folder then my phone immeaditaely went blank i left it for an hour and it was still blank so i di a battery pull and it now wont boot pass the 'M" logo OMG PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can you get to the sprecovery screen. power off while holding x; if so restore simple nandroid backup. That should fix you.

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
nope i cant no sprecovery no bootloader
nothing am i eternally screwed

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
wait bootloader just came up do i still have a chance? please say yes

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no there is a way to fix itbut i must admit it is beyond me. the recovery and restoring from back up is all i know. i just find it odd that youu can not get into recovery mode

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good then restore from back up

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
follow that

backup_4.png

You have now successfully backed up your Droid’s system. Next, you will learn how to restore a backup you’ve made.

Step 3: Perform Restore

Navigate to the “backup/restore” menu until you see the 4 Nandroid options. This time we will select “Simple Nandroid restore (latest)”.

backup_5.png

Once again the process is completely automatic. Just like in the backup, you will see a progress bar and informative text. After a few minutes, the restore process will be complete. You will see “(done)” towards the bottom.

Using “Simple Nandroid restore (latest)” is useful if you simply want to return to your most recent backup. However, if you want to restore to a specific backup out of a group, you will need to select “Advanced Nandroid restore”. The first menu option is “Choose backup”; select this.

backup_6.png

You will now be presented with a list of your backups. If you’ve only made one, it will be the only option. Select the backup you’d like to revert to.

backup_7.png

It will take you back to the previous menu where you can select and deselect certain areas of the backup to restore. You will also see the chosen backup displayed on the top. Keep the default options of BOOT, DATA, and SYSTEM checked and select “Perform Restore”.

backup_8.png

After a few minutes, the backup process will be complete. You will see “(done)” towards the bottom. You have now successfully restored your Droid’s system. When you are ready, press power until you back out to the main SPRecovery menu. Select “reboot system now” to reboot and finish loading your backup. Hopefully you won’t ever need to use this, but if you do, it’s a lifesaver that could help avoid frustration.

RootYourDroid.info

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
It wasnt SPrecovery that came up it was the bootloader screen well i threw my droid at the wall in frustration and the battery came out o tried to load into SPrecovery again and thank heavens it came up so im back in business. Thanks for the help

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
let me know if you get it back up and rinnuing

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
Yep the recovery worked back to normal now for me and now a bit wiser Thanks

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
omg are you serious you threw your droid at the wall and it lived? :shocked:

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
Lol well i just used the old method of fixing stuff just slap it till it works and it seems it still works with this new technolgy all it needs sometimes is a good slap

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
REMEMBER: IF you CAN get to the "M" (don't care about past it), you have NOT bricked it. Period.

Now, if you can't even get an "M" on it, well then you are SOL.