HELP!!!! I rooted my droid and now it wont start!!!!!!!!!!!

TUNNELRAT

Reaction score
So last night I rooted my moto droid without an issue. Then This morning I downloaded ROM manager and downloaded a cynogen (i think that was the name) rom and everything went smooth until it had to reboot. It got stuck in a boot loop. Help me please :)

UPDATE: I took out the memory card, re-inserted and now it is turning on again, still in boot loop though. I really dont want a factory reset/lose all my data.

Last edited:

PARick

Reaction score
So last night I rooted my moto droid without an issue. Then This morning I downloaded ROM manager and downloaded a cynogen (i think that was the name) rom and everything went smooth until it had to reboot. It got stuck in a boot loop. Help me please :)

UPDATE: I took out the memory card, re-inserted and now it is turning on again, still in boot loop though. I really dont want a factory reset/lose all my data.

Did you do a backup? If so, go into recovery and restore.

brando56894

Reaction score
is it an actual boot loop (keeps rebooting) or is it just taking forever to boot up? if its the latter then thats normal for a first run. You may have to wipe data, get used to it since you'll most likely be doing it from time to time. Apps only take about 10-45 minutes to autorestore depending on your connection speed and how many you have.

tdawg2008

Reaction score
Had that problem. Might be coincidence but I downloaded an overclocked rom without having Setcpu or CPU tuner. Basically your phone wants to boot but the rom is requesting more CPU power than your phone wants to give.

Hold down the x button and power button to boot into recovery and restore. Get Setcpu or CPU tuner from market then flash rom again.

Again......could be coincidence but that's what I had to do before I could flash any rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Um, you need to wipe before you install a ROM. So, you already should have lost everything. What's so important that you can't lose another 24 hours worth of data?