HELP!! Getting endless FC loop after installing WidgetLocker!

af424

Reaction score
After trying the WidgetLocker for a second on my milestone, I get these endless FC loops and could do nothing else.

After some research on google, I found that you can enter the safe mode (and delete whatever app that is causing FC) by pressing the keyboard's menu button while turning the phone on.

The problem is, I couldn't even enter safe mode. The second it shows safe mode on the left bottom corner, the phone resets itself. And it repeats to reset as long as I press the keyboard's menu button!! And if I don't press it, it goes back to the endless FC loop....

Please, is there anyway to get my milestone back to normal?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Dev of WidgetLocker here.

What version of WidgetLocker are you using? I know that 1.1.1 had a bad bug that could cause FC if you uninstalled your home program. However that was fixed pretty quickly in 1.1.2. But a lot of the pirate sites distribute the old version...

Do you have the developer tools installed on your computer? If you do or can install them then while the phone is at the force close screen plug into to usb on your computer and run:
adb logcat

from a terminal. it'll print out a bunch of data, if you post the last chunk, the part that includes a stack trace is what i'm interested in, it looks like this:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 2220): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 2220): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
E/AndroidRuntime( 2220):     at 
... lots of lines here
W/ActivityManager(   83):   Force finishing activity
Once you get that and post it here for me, you can run:

Code:
adb uninstall com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker
to uninstall WidgetLocker.

OP
A

af424

Reaction score
I had 1.1.1 installed and unfortunately uninstalled helix afterwards.

I got really mad setting up the developer tools. It's so complicated for a non-programmer like me and I cant get it working.

Finally I got it sent back to moto today to do a hard reset and swore that I wont install WidgetLocker or any other similar app EVERagain.