Help getting a sprint app on a droid

pyro6128

Reaction score
Heres the deal, a new app has been released called Blackboard Mobile Learn. For anyone not in school, blackboard is a website where your teachers put course information and assignments and other resources. Now my problem is that I would love to be able to use this app instead of the bookmarks to the website, but it is apparently only for sprint phones. At least right now. Its in the market according to the press release, but when I search I can't find it. Is there a way that I can get the app to appear for me when I do a market search? Kind of like getting 2.1 apps to appear when we were all one 2.01. Is there any way of knowing whether the app would work on my phone at all? Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Edit: I also found out the app is free. So if someone could maybe post the apk that would also be great

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Anyone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
i would definitely be interested in this as well, i know that when NFL mobile came out they were able to hack it to make it compatible with non-verizon phones

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ask a mod to move this to Xeudoxus' section. He's the man to pull this off. He did the NFL Mobile and Sprint Nascar hacks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved as requested.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Thanks! hopefully he'll be able to help

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
thats the problem, no one with an evo is responding, I don't know how to even get the apk. I think it only shows up in the market for evo users

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
thats the problem, no one with an evo is responding, I don't know how to even get the apk. I think it only shows up in the market for evo users

you could find a evo rom dump, check the build.prop and change your vendor and device id to what the evos i. that will prob let you download from the market

jamko101

Reaction score
OK, so I checked the market for the app and I found it no problem. I dunno, I installed it and opened the app just fine, and me having a Droid, means I'm on Verizon... but it still works. The furthest I got in the app was finding my school on blackboard, apparently my school hasn't signed up to use the app so its really of no use. Maybe I'll ask around and see if we can do it... would be pretty sick if it did.

Anyway, enough talk on my part. Here is the link to the apk and some .zip file also:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4334867/com.blackboard.android-1.apk (this was in the /data/app-private folder)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4334867/com.blackboard.android-1.zip (this was in the /data/app folder)

I don't know if you need the .zip, i just found it there so it must be important. Goodluck

P.S. Xeudoxus, since we're on the topic of getting Sprint apps working on Verizon... do you think it would be possible to get the Sprint TV app working on Verizon?? It would be amazing if I could get the World Cup onto my phone

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
OK, so I checked the market for the app and I found it no problem. I dunno, I installed it and opened the app just fine, and me having a Droid, means I'm on Verizon... but it still works. The furthest I got in the app was finding my school on blackboard, apparently my school hasn't signed up to use the app so its really of no use. Maybe I'll ask around and see if we can do it... would be pretty sick if it did.

Anyway, enough talk on my part. Here is the link to the apk and some .zip file also:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4334867/com.blackboard.android-1.apk (this was in the /data/app-private folder)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4334867/com.blackboard.android-1.zip (this was in the /data/app folder)

I don't know if you need the .zip, i just found it there so it must be important. Goodluck

P.S. Xeudoxus, since we're on the topic of getting Sprint apps working on Verizon... do you think it would be possible to get the Sprint TV app working on Verizon?? It would be amazing if I could get the World Cup onto my phone

send me the .apk

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Whats your email so I can send you the .apk? I tried to send you a pm but you can't attach files there.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
I just checked and now its showing up in the market. I guess its just a matter of getting it to work for non sprint phones now

jamko101

Reaction score
Maybe they just realized it was a dumb idea to make it exclusive to Sprint. Let me know if it actually works, I would love to propose this app to my school.