?Help - Flashed CM10 (Latest, via SafeStrap 2+), NO Call Service/4G

Spyder5157

Reaction score
Well, I am really disappointed at this moment. After trying a few ROMS, as I have only recently Rooted, and installed safestrap (although, I do have some experience, as my prior phone, a Huawei, was fully unlocked, and I really learned a lot about the process).

Anyway, I flashed the CM10 Jellybean (Along w/ GAPPS), all went very smooth. Upon the first boot, I was prompted, and entered all my gmail/account info, etc.

Well, it immediately looked/found my WiFi, so I played around for a bit...I was REALLY impressed at how much faster it was running. Honestly, I was blown away (Partly because my Stock is still quite "Bloated", and I've been experiencing some occasional crashes of various things (Txt, Homescreen, etc)....Along, with some real delays, i.e. after hitting a txt box, 5+ seconds for the keyboard to appear.

Anyway, I even had a FULLY functional Camera (Both Front and Back, along w/ Video), which I was aware had been an ongoing issue w/ the Jellybean ROMS.

SO....At this point, I was really stoked....THEN....UGH, I realized at the top the phone signal strength had 0 bars. I had not really given it notice before, just thinking I was in a basement, no signal...

Well, I went outside, dialed 611........Beep........Never connected, and I got a message "No Service Available".

I then turned off WiFi, only to find that 4G was not connecting either.

Honestly, I love the stock ROM (I know an unpopular statement...lol), BUT, I really thought that I found one I could be happy with, and now this...UGH.

ALL previous ROMS I tried connected to my service w/ no issue (Eclipse, along w/ a few other ICS ROMS).

SO.....IS THIS AN ISSUE W/ THE ROM AND MY PHONE IN GENERAL.....OR.......Something that I can possibly "Fix", getting it to "Link up" w/ Verizon.

ANY help or comments here would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS SO MUCH....
All the best....Spyder

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Did you try rebooting? I have tried a few different jelly bean roms and haven't had that problem. I know some require a reboot.

Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Here's another thing, sometimes you have to screw around with the network settings. Not the ones in your phone's menu. You have to either dial the number, or I recommend downloading the app called "lte on/off" for HTC thunderbolt from the play store

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anytime I flash a new rom and end up with an issue that isn't a widely report bug with that rom the first thing I do is to re-download the rom (taking care to check the MD5). I then reflash the rom taking care to follow the rom developer's instructions.

Good luck.

OP
S

Spyder5157

Reaction score
THANKS ALL.....Although....no luck..

Yes, I had rebooted....I know what is meant about dialing that number, I forget it off hand, but it resets you and everything w/ all your local towers, etc.......THE PROBLEM with that, I can't even call that as there is NO service to make any calls at all. I do recall that though, and should remember that for the future...I'll look into what it is and post that (I'm thinking like #86 or something like thatt???)

I flashed a different Jelly ROM, and had no problems, but wasn't as fast as that CM10....MAYBE only because it wasn't burdened w/ the signal and all that?

Anyway....THOUGHTS?

THANKS.......JEFF

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Spyder5157 said:
THANKS ALL.....Although....no luck..

Yes, I had rebooted....I know what is meant about dialing that number, I forget it off hand, but it resets you and everything w/ all your local towers, etc.......THE PROBLEM with that, I can't even call that as there is NO service to make any calls at all. I do recall that though, and should remember that for the future...I'll look into what it is and post that (I'm thinking like #86 or something like thatt???)

I flashed a different Jelly ROM, and had no problems, but wasn't as fast as that CM10....MAYBE only because it wasn't burdened w/ the signal and all that?

Anyway....THOUGHTS?

THANKS.......JEFF

No I'm talking the actual network settings. Download the app I suggested then you won't need to be able to dial.

It will look like this. Except yours won't be red. Mine is themed. And you can select a lot of different network settings

Screenshot_2012-11-25-09-20-17-1.png

Screenshot_2012-11-25-09-26-02-1.png

helron

Reaction score
I am unable to make or receive calls on Cm10.1 or Cm10.2/
Now, stock calling services are gone, too!
Need help - pls.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Helron,

Go into system settings and under wireless settings choose "more". In the next screen choose "mobile networks" and then about midway down choose network mode. make sure it is set to LTE/CDMA/EvDo.

You may also want to go into the wireless network settings and make sure it is set to United States. Last couple of CM ROMs seem to default to Europe.

David

helron

Reaction score
Thx. Did all that you said above. No change. Went to Verizon store picked up a new SIM Card. No change. Also noted that com.android.phone ..service has not started. Can't find it so I am unable to re start it. Perhaps I am missing something. I remember seeing something last night regarding far in usage but now can't seem to find it. I am working on the stock side right now so it may be in Run slot 1 I'll go back and take a look

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Have you tried redownloading and installing a new zip? COuld have been a corrupted download. Happened to me the first time I tried CM. Couldn't get wifi to work even after reflashing the same download. Re downloaded it and tried again and now everything is working great.

David

helron

Reaction score
Got new SIm and nothing changed. So, I bit the bullet, used Matty's Utility (May the Gods Bless him!) and returned to basic JB. All is well now, finally. Installed RazrBlade root, as before, and am now rooted, again. Now in process of using TiBu to reinstall ap data, but having difficult time trying to do that. Never did it before. Putting all apps back to phone is a royal pain.
Once again, my freaken google calendar refuses to import 90% of my appts. It is thw worst calendar in the world. It;s the only reason I fear playing with Roms and such. It's the only app that makes me nuts, and every other calendar app is the same. UGH! :)
I may install CM10 R5 RC. that;s it. I fear all others. Actually, i was thinking of going to AOKP. My research has discovered that CM10 often causes radio issues. So, I will give AOKP a brief shot.

helron

Reaction score
Sounds like you flashed a gsm version to me

I think I did, but look and saw it wasn't a bad dirty flash. I think I mayhave done something with settings on Lte becaue i remember seeing many options. But, the kicker is this: if the dirty flash went wrong, how the heck did stock hget corupted too. Like I said, a lot of researching leads me to believe that is was a CM10.2 gremlin. Many posts say that Cm10 and radio seeks have many issues. that's why I am thinking of AOPK. Right now, I am floating with stock until I begin to hate it again. LOl

4low4fun

Reaction score
Check out blurry ROM. Its the only JB ROMivr found that I actually like.

helron

Reaction score
Check out blurry ROM. Its the only JB ROMivr found that I actually like.

Will research it. Is it (ASOP, AKOP) .. Luv my Xt912 and hated the blow up with CM10. But, i must saym that the CM10 RC5 first release worked really well, but the camera sucked. CM10 devs cant seem to get the camera working on any rom.