Help finding a" new" phone

Sniper_5

Reaction score
My Droid is finally showing its age, dented, chipped paint, battery cover doesn't sit right, charger doesn't always work right or reboots the phone(I now carry my dock because it will only charge with that) and now I'm doing almost 2+ battery pulls a day because I'll get the " ghost". I was hoping to find an x, incredible or Droid/2 for $100 or less as my upgrade falls in March right around when the etna is said to be released and I'll be getting that. If anyone knows of a good deal on their local craigslist or something please let me know. everything in my area is 200+, even the D1, anything I found at 100 or less was bad esn or damaged/ parts only. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

DarkeLotus

Reaction score
I would say wait or get a new battery. Or buy a super cheap non smart phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I actually backed my clock speed down and switched to my " old reliable" simply stunning ROM. It made no difference. I've had the phone since its release, and I'm very hard on my phones. Its been dropped on many surfaces, dropped and kicked, in the bathroom during showers getting fog on the screen, in the rain, its gotten up to 128* and as low as 42*. I'm pretty sure its dying lol. Oh and still not a scratch on the screen, no case, no screen protector. Its served me well. As time went on I took better care of it ( first smart phone) but it was too late by then.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I was thinking trying a stock-voltage, stock-speed (125-800MHz) kernel. SS was a much better choice for stability, I have to give you that, but it comes with a low-voltage kernel.

In any case, I'd strongly suggest holding off for a while on getting a new phone if you can. Oh, and for the record, this kind of thread is against forum rules. No buy/sell/trade posts allowed for user safety's sake.

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Well I wasn't looking to buy from a user here. Which is why I mentioned craigslist. Its easier to ask for the help of many people all over than for me to search craigslist state by state and town by town, all from my phone. I'll go pick up a stock kernel and give it a shot. Thanks.

DarkeLotus

Reaction score
Lol he wanted one for under 100 and that type of phone would be the only thing under that price :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Ebay was actually worse, the only phones under 100 there reserve wasn't met or they were parts phones, or both. Most in the 129-159 range were running 1.5-1.6, any newer phone in that range was damaged, 160-399, the galaxy s phones, to 499 5 the d2/d2g and to 599 you'll find the Droid x, and incredible

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I'm actually awaiting a reply from a gentleman on craigslist. He bought an incredible with a contract so he's selling it for $100.

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
They're actually holding their value quite well, still around that price.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sir, if that Inc is in good shape you got the steal of the year and it just started. :)

Also, if you think the price on Droids are miserable, go look at jailbroken iPhones. Holy googa mooga!

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Yeah I'm praying it goes well, most are reasonable considering everything, but $140+ for way out dated OS's? no thanks.