Help - Everything Force Closes

cavillis

Reaction score
Just installed the latest BB through ROM Manager. On startup, i instantly get 10+ "Force Close" prompts. The only thing I see after getting through them is a black screen with a notifications bar at the top. The only functionality i have now is mounting the SD card, home screen is never able to start up.

How do I restore to my backup I made through rom manager? I tried holding down X and up on the d-pad but it brought me to a screen saying phone ready for programming.

mike919

Reaction score
Just installed the latest BB through ROM Manager. On startup, i instantly get 10+ "Force Close" prompts. The only thing I see after getting through them is a black screen with a notifications bar at the top. The only functionality i have now is mounting the SD card, home screen is never able to start up.

How do I restore to my backup I made through rom manager? I tried holding down X and up on the d-pad but it brought me to a screen saying phone ready for programming.

Probably didn't wipe data coming from different ROM? Thats usually what happens when you don't wipe...

only hold "X" when powering on, not up. Up is bootloader, X is recovery

OP
C

cavillis

Reaction score

Probably didn't wipe data coming from different ROM? Thats usually what happens when you don't wipe...

I've been wiping data/cache every time - was trying everything I could to get exchange to work. :(

OP
C

cavillis

Reaction score
I feel pretty dumb -_-
I was holding X and UP, shoulda just been holding X.

I'm restoring my backup now :)

thanks for your time guys