Help Droid Won't Boot past Logo Screen

jxo877

Reaction score
Hi, My droid ran out of battery yesterday. I put it on the charger last night and now today I can't get it to boot past the screen with the exclamtion point and the little droid logo. Can anyone help me with this ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, My droid ran out of battery yesterday. I put it on the charger last night and now today I can't get it to boot past the screen with the exclamtion point and the little droid logo. Can anyone help me with this ?

Pull the battery out for a full 30 seconds. Try it again.

You're sure the battery was charging all night, right?

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
No I didn't download anything yesterday.

Yea I already tried to take the battery out and I have it on the charger now also.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I didn't download anything yesterday.

Yea I already tried to take the battery out and I have it on the charger now also.

I take it that you are stock, not rooted? It sounds to me like your phone is booting into recovery from what you describe. If it does it again press the volume up and camera button at the same time. See if the recovery menu pops up.

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
It is rooted. I am not able to boot into recovery either

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is rooted. I am not able to boot into recovery either

Well, sounds like it's time to use the sbf, but I can't help you on that with the X. Let me move you to the area where you can get some help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find somebody to help. Be patient, hopefully I'll have someone here soon.

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
Thanks hookbill I appreciate the help

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So when you power up it goes to the /\/\ and then goes to the Droid with the /!\?

When your at the guy with the /!\ it wont let you hit the "search" button to get into recovery?

And are you on Froyo or Gingerbread? You say your rooted, but thats it? You haven't done anything

else to it? And when your phone is powered down and plugged in does it show the big battery charging?

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
To be honest i'm not really sure my friend rooted it for me about a month back. Yea it doesn't do anything when I press the search button. No the battery symbol doesnt show up like it is charging.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks hookbill I appreciate the help

Reason I'm asking so many questions is cause it sounds like either a charger or phone hardware problem.

If there isn't enough juice it wont allow it to boot up very far. This does not seem to be an issue that

needs to be resolved with an sbf. Especially if you haven't done anything extreme to it. Like installing

a theme or ROM.

OP
J

jxo877

Reaction score
Yea I've tried two different chargers so I don't think that its the charger.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be honest i'm not really sure my friend rooted it for me about a month back. Yea it doesn't do anything when I press the search button. No the battery symbol doesnt show up like it is charging.

Ok...only thing I can suggest is find a friend that has a Droid X and a charger and try his. Or you can

take it to Verizon, at your own risk and see if they can get it too charge. It could be a battery prob

or a hardware problem. I say, "at your own risk" cause they may or may not think you did something

to it to get it in this state. Then again they may not. But they wont be able to tell your rooted just by

looking at it and trying to get it to boot.