Help - can't root replacement phone

Mac Attack

Reaction score
I had to replace my Droid 1 today and when I tried to root my new phone using Easy Root. It says I rooted successfully but I do not see the Super User app and when I tried to install a ROM through Rom Manager it says I am not rooted.

What do I do to reroot my phone?

Oats

Reaction score
I had to replace my Droid 1 today and when I tried to root my new phone using Easy Root. It says I rooted successfully but I do not see the Super User app and when I tried to install a ROM through Rom Manager it says I am not rooted.

I am in the same boat. The new replacement phones have 2.2.1 on them and can not be rooted with the one click aps. You need to use Superoneclickroot on your computer and I cant get that to work on my mac!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know how Macs work with RSD (if at all) but couldn't you sbf back to 2.0.1, 2.1, or 2.2?

J

Johnly

I see you have begun to post in the correct threads...you are on your way:icon_ banana:

Oats

Reaction score
How can I flash a recovery without a rooted phone? I dont think SBF will work.

OP
M

Mac Attack

Reaction score
Update - I was able to root my phone using MotoCache1's thread. However, when I installed LFY v1.96 my system hangs on reboot. So I installed LFY v1.95 and the same thing happens, I never make it past the blue screen.

What do I need to do to get LFY installed on my phone? I hate to think that I just bricked a brand new phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dbst

Reaction score
You're in a bootloop, did you wipe before you installed?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Wipe the phone, from recovery, 2x each system/cache/factory reset.

Oh, and Easy Root hasn't worked since FRG01B. That's WAY out of date. Suggestion -- start reading again. :) The last thing you want to do is do something that turns your $500-retail/replacement value phone into an interesting paperweight. :D

OP
M

Mac Attack

Reaction score
FINALLY! I ended up having to install the ROM several times and it finally stuck.

Thanks guys for the advice.