help! can't make or receive calls!

razorseal

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed toggle 2g app on my droid, but couldn't get it to work so I uninstalled it. Made few calls, all was well. Later that evening I gave it a second try and nogo so I uninstalled it again... this morning I tried to make a call and everytime id call, I loose all bars for a second and the call fails, then the bars come right back. I can't receive calls either... I can text and use the internet though. (Posting from it now actually)

I was on ss 4.7 and switched to cyanogen 6 with a wipe but the problem still exists... I can't think of anything and I caant call 611 or anyone else for hrlp...

Any ideas?

listenman20

Reaction score
if it were mine i'd wipe ata and cache 3-4 times. if that didn't work i'd flash it back to stock froyo and start over. only after i had tried flashing sbf file to 2.1 or 2.2 and it still didn't work would i return it.

OP
R

razorseal

Reaction score
I ended up taking it to verizon after I unrooted the SOB. of course I wiped the thing at least 3-4 times, he does it once, and he does the activation and it works... to troubleshoot I looked a it deeper and foudn out that I set Toggle 2G wrong so it put the phone into 'evdo only' mode so it just had data. it should be on CDMA Auto (PRL) for 3G mode, and CDMA Only for 1x/2G mode

tells you how some apps can mess your phone if you don't know how to use it

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the solution and glad to see you got it worked out, even if it did take a trip to VZW

kennyc

Reaction score
I ended up taking it to verizon after I unrooted the SOB. of course I wiped the thing at least 3-4 times, he does it once, and he does the activation and it works... to troubleshoot I looked a it deeper and foudn out that I set Toggle 2G wrong so it put the phone into 'evdo only' mode so it just had data. it should be on CDMA Auto (PRL) for 3G mode, and CDMA Only for 1x/2G mode

tells you how some apps can mess your phone if you don't know how to use it

So bottom line, there was nothing wrong? User error?

dhaddan

Reaction score
So i'm having the exact same problem, and I can't seem to fix mine. Can you help me by chance?