HELP!! battery issues

purpledaisy584

Reaction score
I've had my Droid phone since May and never had any battery issues until now. For the past week I've gone to bed and my phone has been yellow batter has been yellow and when i woke up it was dead. That I understand but last night i went to sleep and it was green which mean it had more than 20% battery and when i woke up it was dead. My husband has the same droid phone, I went to bed and his was blinking red, i wake up and it's still blinking red!!! What is going on with my phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my Droid phone since May and never had any battery issues until now. For the past week I've gone to bed and my phone has been yellow batter has been yellow and when i woke up it was dead. That I understand but last night i went to sleep and it was green which mean it had more than 20% battery and when i woke up it was dead. My husband has the same droid phone, I went to bed and his was blinking red, i wake up and it's still blinking red!!! What is going on with my phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take it into a Verizon store and have them check the battery. They may give you a new one. If they don't, check out Amazon.com you can get a new batery there for about 8.00.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I've had my Droid phone since May and never had any battery issues until now. ...
Try this before going to the Verizon store where they will try to sell you a $40 battery which may or may not fix the problem. Shut the phone down and take the battery out. Very carefully, rub the contacts on both the battery and on the phone where the battery connects, with a pencil eraser. Reinstall the battery, power up and fully charge the battery. Now see if it lasts longer.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've had my Droid phone since May and never had any battery issues until now. ...
Try this before going to the Verizon store where they will try to sell you a $40 battery which may or may not fix the problem. Shut the phone down and take the battery out. Very carefully, rub the contacts on both the battery and on the phone where the battery connects, with a pencil eraser. Reinstall the battery, power up and fully charge the battery. Now see if it lasts longer.

My droid would go from 90% to 10% in 15 mins. sometimes. I've done what Lenagainster said and it worked for me.

drawbridgep

Reaction score
My wife and I had the same issue. It got so bad that we both bought new batteries ($8.00) but still had the same issues. In the end I did a factory reset on my wife's phone and it was fine. She went a few days without charging it. I did the same to mine and same result. Back up to a full days use with quite heavy use. It seems to have been an issue with an application. Quite possibly latitude. Have you installed anything that uses the GPS a lot?

OP
P

purpledaisy584

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help...i will definately try the eraser thing next time it dies because it's fully charged right now before i do a reset or take it to verizon. Of course my husband opted to NOT get insurance so i'm kinda just wingin it right now! :) Drawbridge--i really do use anything w/ GPS but i've made sure that I turn it off on any app i have and I turned off the auto sync this morning so we will see if any of that works. Yesterday i charged it around 11 am played wordfeud all day which my family, did some texting and made one phone call so not really sure what would have used it. Again thanks and I hope your suggestions work!