hello!

jimmyp010

Reaction score
hi there everyone! I got my Motorola Droid back in December and so far so good for the most part. Having some issues and thats why i joined to hopefully get some insight for all you members. In advance thank you for your feedback and support!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
howdy howdy jimmy :D it's high time you finally joined us!!

OP
J

jimmyp010

Reaction score
right now my MMS messages are being deleted. I am currently using handcent. If i don't view them in the pop up window i lose them right away. If i view them, then exit out the messaging app, whether its handcent or the default, i lose them as well. Its strange though, my regular text messages are still there, just my MMS messages (pic messages) are being deleted

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
that IS strange. it's probably some setting doing that. until you figure THAT out there's a nice app called "save mms" in the market that will automatically save your mms' in your sdcard. hope that helps.

P.S. i edited my original hello to you becuz i saw the other post you made about your problem. not quick enough for you tho lol

OP
J

jimmyp010

Reaction score
No worries..thanks for the reply though, yeah i might just have to get that app until i figure it out i suppose...i hate not knowing WHY...lol!:laugh

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome!
Double check your settings in the stock app. Make sure if you have "Delete old messages" checked, you have the numbers of messages to keep set high enough. By default, I think it'll keep 20 mms at one time.

Also, you might want to check the settings in handcent. I can't help you there, because I don't use it. Not sure if you're the same person, but I just saw a thread on this issue, so out might be a bug. If you locate handcent in the market, you can view their website to see if they have faqs or a forum, or send them a direct email.

In the meantime, that app Corina suggested is definitely a good idea!