Hello

teacherchic

Reaction score
Hello techies! =]

I am in the market for a replacement phone for my LG EnV Touch ...which I have hated almost from day 1. The purchase of a droid will be my first smartphone and I can't wait to get started! Prior to joining all of you, I considered myself fairly tech savvy....now I know how little I actually know! Ha! My contract is up on Dec 5 and I dont know if I can wait for all the exciting new releases I have read about on here. Thank you all for the thousands of things I have learned so far and I look forward to learning more!

mikeyrocks

Reaction score
What's up teacher, I feel the same way. I thought I knew everything about my phone until I wanted to root, now I am clueless...this is a great place to learn and help others, lots of great people here.

OP
T

teacherchic

Reaction score
Heyy! Thanks for the welcome!

Before I came here I thought roots were only found in my garden....in grammar...and squared in mathematics!
yeah, I know...that was corny! LOL

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome teacher android phones are simply amazing i came from a blackberry storm and i love my droid 2. It has so many more bells and whistles not to even mention the app market. Just like mikey said this a friendly place to learn and teach others when your experienced. I hope you enjoy the stay dancedroid

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Welcome! My gf came from the lg dare, she got the lg ally and she's slowly figuring it out. I came from windows mobile 6.1 and thought I could do anything on my phone until I got my droid.

Glad you're enjoying your droid, welcome to the forums! We help each other out as much as we can!
Droidforums.net appified!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

This is a great forum to explore and learn new things about any Droid...jump in and enjoy!!

OP
T

teacherchic

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I do not actually have a droid as of yet. My contract is up Dec 5 so I plan on getting my droid that day! I have read so much on here trying to decide if I should upgrade now or wait until the new stuff comes out in early 2011. I am going to go ahead and upgrade now, as any droid will be a huge step up from the junk I am using now. I have one more week to decide if I am getting the D2 or the X...or the incredible ......or the fascinate......Ha! Decisions, decisions!!!!

Thank you for being so kind to this newbie and helping me learn! dancedroid

Reaction score
Go for the Samsung, I think its the best one to date. The fascinate I believe it is called, its a galaxy s series.

Sent from my bodily extension.

OP
T

teacherchic

Reaction score
Go for the Samsung, I think its the best one to date. The fascinate I believe it is called, its a galaxy s series.

Please tell me why you like the Samsung. It almost feels like a toy in my hand. I cant seem to get past that!

Reaction score
LOL, that is true. Although it is a small phone it has a lot of power and the UI ( user interface) is really nice. It has a great screen- colors are phenomenal for this device- and the programming is one of the fastest. It is thin which is nice, I have a Droid 1 and it is quite thick, I like the design of it as well.

OP
T

teacherchic

Reaction score
I have also heard that around Feb or March there is a duel core from Motorola coming as well.

I am currently using the LG EnV Touch...which is just miserable. Everyday feels like forever!!!! I do not think I can wait that long! Yes, I know, I sound a bit spoiled...and, maybe I am....but, I also figure anything on the droid market currently will be a COLOSSAL step-up from what I have. Choosing just one seems to be my biggest problem!

I like your points on the fascinate. I just watched a few YouTube videos of the phone as well. It does look amazing...btu, why, oh why did they put bing on it!?!?!!?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I have also heard that around Feb or March there is a duel core from Motorola coming as well.

I am currently using the LG EnV Touch...which is just miserable. Everyday feels like forever!!!! I do not think I can wait that long! Yes, I know, I sound a bit spoiled...and, maybe I am....but, I also figure anything on the droid market currently will be a COLOSSAL step-up from what I have. Choosing just one seems to be my biggest problem!

I like your points on the fascinate. I just watched a few YouTube videos of the phone as well. It does look amazing...btu, why, oh why did they put bing on it!?!?!!?

So then get the Droid x? ;-)
If you prefer hard keyboards you can always go for the Droid 2 or Droid 2 Global (which is also coming out in White), both of which have amazing specs of their own.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I came from the enV touch and I now have the droid 2 and I can tell you its like night and day although the physical layout is similar. If its your first smartphone you really can't go wrong but my suggestion would be for either d2 or dx.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Yea Bing sucks, but that is a Verizon thing and you can still set Google for a default I think. And really I don't use the search box at all.