Hello, I'm new to Droids and forums as well.

skyeD

Reaction score
Hello, I got a Droid 4 yesterday and I think I will love it as soon as I figure out how everything works. I still can not get it to connect to the Wi-Fi. It sees my home network, it asked for and accepted the password to my router. It tells me the signal is good, I ask it to connect and it changes the status to "connecting..." then after a second or two it says "Disconnected." It doesn't give me an error message or any indication why it will not connect. Since I have never had a Smartphone before I decided to join this forum to see if I could learn how to resolve the problems I've discovered. This is the first forum I have ever joined so please forgive me if I have no forum savvy.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

We are happy to have ya with us! Congrats on the D4...

What type of router / wireless n or g or some other? The phones will sometimes connect to one but not the other...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! Let us know what type of router you have and we will go from there.

OP
S

skyeD

Reaction score
Solved the router problem

I have a Linksys Cisco router. I tried some experimentation last night and discovered that if I plugged my phone into the USB for my computer, turned it on and accessed the wireless network (via the computer) I could request that the network find new devices and it found my phone. Now the phone is connecting to the network without a problem. I don't know why I couldn't connect straight from the phone like the other devices I have added to the network, but I don't guess it matters because it is working well now. Thanks for the kind welcome and the offer of help on the solution. I am learning new stuff everyday as I learn how all the options on my phone work, I may be back with more questions.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Awesome news! Glad ya got it!!