Hello Everyone!

HarkinsBG

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'm coming over from an iPhone 3GS, and disillusionment with AT&T/Apple prompted me to switch carriers. Verizon was a no-brainer and so was the Droid.

I've already rooted, installed SPRecovery (099.3b) and Busybox, installed Pete's ERE25 BB 0.4 Beta, overclocked to 1Ghz with Chevy1's kernel, and applied AdamZ's Glass Theme with Metamorph, and all within one week of even learning what rooting was all about. I feel I've self-taught myself enough in the past 6 days after scouring this and other forums without asking for help that I'm no noob ;)

I'm blown away by the amount of capability that this phone and other Android phones have, and also by the talent on this forum. There are some people doing some amazing things with the Android software and I'm very impressed.

So, hello from sunny SoCal and let's have some fun!

Barry

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harken, welcome. You did what took me about 3 months to have the courage to do - ROOT, and you sound like you really understand what you did and are doing. Nothing better than rooted Droid in my opinion. Welcome to DF and look forward to seeing your posts.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum....

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Barry....

The sun just disappeared and the rain is coming tonite : )

Enjoy the forums Barry. Great to have you here.