Hello All!

kmac1

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the Droid but not to tech. I have a Moto Droid that's been rooted and now running the BB 2.2 Froyo ROM OC'd to 800mhz. It's been really stable, although the batt life isn't the greatest, it's better than when it was stock.

I'll be doing a lot of lurking around here as usually the answers I need have probably already been discussed, they just have to be searched and READ! Yes, I'm also very familiar with forums!

Thanks all!

Ken

exodusprime1337

Reaction score
hey man welcome, and congrats on the droid, i just got mine and rooted it to 2.2 froyo from bb also at 800mhz.. bat life isn't bad, however mine randomly reboots from time to time lol.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome ken! glad to see you already have a handle on.. all this.. ;)

let us know if we can help with anything!

ps: i found that my battery life improved after i quit playing with the droid so much.. i initially thought that my batt life was better after overclocking too, but i think its just because i'm not running the thing as hard as i was when i first got it.. kinda like getting better gas mileage if you "baby" your car. could be.. anyway, welcome to the forums!

OP
K

kmac1

Reaction score
Thanks ex!

I found that most of the reboots are due to me pulling the Droid out of my holder and hitting the power and volume buttons inadvertantly. It can be turned off, but I'm just going to get another case. I like the quick boot into the ClockWorkMod Recovery.

Man, after getting this phone, I really wished I'd taken alot more time really learning the Linux programming. I never would have thought that a cellphone with an OpenGNU source would EVER happen with the tight controls that the cell companies have on their other phones.