Hello all

badfish

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I currently don't have the Droid yet, but am picking it up today to replace my Casio G'zone Rock. I initially bought that phone because it had decent ratings and it seemed unbreakable. After submerging it in water numerous times, and throwing it against a few walls, I have to say this thing does live up to it's name-- Rock. But, not only is it solid like a rock, but it's about as smart as a rock. This thing freezes up on me all the damn time. It takes 5 seconds, yes I counted, to reach the inbox when I press the shortcut key. I'm not a patient person, so that drove me crazy. Another thing that absolutely sucks about the phone is it doesn't remember words you've texted before, previous hunk of junk phone did this and it was over 6 years old!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having a phone that actually cooperates with me. Although the one thing I'm not looking forward to is the extra $30 a month for the data plan.

-bfish

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, badfish! You've made a wise decision and you won't be disappointed in your choice when you finally have that Droid in your hands! The possibilities are endless for customization. So to take up some time (waiting is a drag), read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Enjoy!

OP
B

badfish

Reaction score
Thanks Anne!

I'm actually going to get it as soon as the Verizon store opens. I think I'm planning on rooting it in a few weeks as well. I'm fairly tech inclined and have researched quite a bit about the phone itself. I lurked these forums for about a month, so I'm aware of the vast amount of information on here.

Thanks again, and I look forward to finally having it!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just remember to eat and sleep... :icon_ devil: