Hello All!

pauldf

Reaction score
Hi there. I thought I had already done this, but when I looked for my previous threads or any username I would usually use - I could find no trace! So I'm starting fresh.

I've had my Droid X from Verizon about 2 months now and like it a lot. I'm a corporate-type and am really missing my BlackBerry a bunch though. Like others I'm sort of frustrated by the steep learning curve on this device. I can see it's very powerful and like most powerful tools it's complicated, but I'm willing to learn if I can just get some friendly help - that's why I've joined.

I have a couple of issues right now that I will ask about here and probably also in the 'General' forum.

1. When Verizon copied over my contacts I ended up with duplicates of each of my 200+ contacts. Is there a easy way to delete the duplicates without doing it manually one by one?

2. I loaded a bunch of ringtones that the X did not originally recognize as ringtones even though they were being used on my BB. I downloaded the recommended ringtone app from the marketplace and now I can see them in that app and can convert them from music files to ringtones and can assign them to different contact's incoming ringtone, but those same ringtones do not show up when I go into my email apps and try to see/activate them as notifications - all I see are the default ones provided with the phone!! ARRRGGG!! Why?? I want to set a different ringtone to each type of email account I use and all other communications like text msgs. What do I need to do??

Thanks,

Paul

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hi there. I thought I had already done this, but when I looked for my previous threads or any username I would usually use - I could find no trace! So I'm starting fresh.

I've had my Droid X from Verizon about 2 months now and like it a lot. I'm a corporate-type and am really missing my BlackBerry a bunch though. Like others I'm sort of frustrated by the steep learning curve on this device. I can see it's very powerful and like most powerful tools it's complicated, but I'm willing to learn if I can just get some friendly help - that's why I've joined.

I have a couple of issues right now that I will ask about here and probably also in the 'General' forum.

1. When Verizon copied over my contacts I ended up with duplicates of each of my 200+ contacts. Is there a easy way to delete the duplicates without doing it manually one by one?

2. I loaded a bunch of ringtones that the X did not originally recognize as ringtones even though they were being used on my BB. I downloaded the recommended ringtone app from the marketplace and now I can see them in that app and can convert them from music files to ringtones and can assign them to different contact's incoming ringtone, but those same ringtones do not show up when I go into my email apps and try to see/activate them as notifications - all I see are the default ones provided with the phone!! ARRRGGG!! Why?? I want to set a different ringtone to each type of email account I use and all other communications like text msgs. What do I need to do??

Thanks,

Paul

welcome to the forum! do u have back up assistance? mine never did double up.

as for BB files converted, r u able to play n e of those? have u checked in ur menu under Files/phone files? check if u have a BB folder. see if anything is in there

ALOHA from Hawaii

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. You should be able to make a folder on your sd and call it, Ringtones. You'll need a file explorer from the market to do this. Then place your ringtones in that folder. I'm not sure if you need to reboot the phone for it to take effect. It's been a while since I've done it that way.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

pepsi3573

Reaction score
As for the double contacts, go to your settings, there should be something for displayed lists. Just check off the one you want to see. But when you go to text, they may all be visible for selecting the contact.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums