Helix question

Steve H

Reaction score
Can you resize a picture for you home screen so that each of the 7 "home" screens in Helix are different? If you can what size should the picture be?

Did a search and could not find the answer.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
While you likely can create one in photoshop that had the correct differing proportions for 7 sections, I still don't think that would work because from my observations, the backround doesn't shift the same distance as your screens do when moving them.

I could be wrong there, let's see what others chime in with.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you resize a picture for you home screen so that each of the 7 "home" screens in Helix are different? If you can what size should the picture be?

Did a search and could not find the answer.

If you get a good answer and an easy approach, I'd be interested in seeing it. The same problem exists for GDE and (I assume) for other launchers that support so many individual screens.

As a workaround that allows you to tell easily where you are among multiple screens (though it won't give you multiple wallpapers, you might try the following.

I've been using GDE with seven home screens and experimenting with Helix, also with seven screens. What I did was use "calendar widget 2" on each of the seven screens with a different colored "skin" on each and Beautiful Widgets date/weather widget on the middle screen. I know, for example, that the left-most Helix screen has a "toast" skin and the right-most a "biscuit" skin with colors on the interior screens. (Jeez, this is difficult to explain without pictures.)

I'm sure you could adapt the approach and improve it with Bettercut icons and even number the screens. As noted, of course, this is a functional alternative to multiple home screen images, not a true implementation of your requirement.