Helix Launcher uninstall icon problem

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I got my Droid in December. I haven't installed many apps because the Droid has been perfect for me the way it came. Yesterday, on a whim, I downloaded Helix Launcher. After playing with it for a bit I decided it wasn't for me. One of the reasons I wasn't pleased with it was that it truncated the text below the icons on the desktop. So I uninstalled it using the market. But my icon text is still truncated on the stock desktop. For the Alarm Clock app I now get "Alarm Clo" and for the Weather Channel I get "The Weat" with half the "h" showing. It's not a very big deal but I would like the icon text back the way it was before I installed Helix Launcher without going back to factory defaults. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Power off, perform a batt pull and reboot the phone, then see how your stock launcher looks.

You could also try trashing those shortcut icons and then recreating them on your desktop. Long press on the icon, drag to trash bin, long press on desktop, add shortcut, applications, then select.

OP
R

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
Thanks, I just tried both of those suggestions but no luck. Maybe the update (when it comes) will fix this.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just as a test, I removed defaults on my helix, and went back to stock.

The truncation you mention is normal, the tag for icons is only so large, anything over a cetain size, such as alarm clock and the other one is completely normal.

Calculator, messaging, all show fine as they are at or below the limit.

Since I'm running v 1.3 beta of helix, I've opted for no icon titles at all, so truncation is not an issue :icon_ devil:

jefbystereo

Reaction score
RW-1 how do you remove the titles? Is it only available in 1.3 (I am on 1.2a from the market)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just donated, so I'll see what'll happen.