Heart rate monitor app

ryno136

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are going to make an app that will sync to a heart monitor band. They already have apps that allow me to follow my cycling and running by gps that tell mph/distance/time/pace. I just want to know if there will be an app that will incorporate the hrm.

droidess

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are going to make an app that will sync to a heart monitor band. They already have apps that allow me to follow my cycling and running by gps that tell mph/distance/time/pace. I just want to know if there will be an app that will incorporate the hrm.

Yes, me too! Also, since I can't get my treadmill info to show up accurately on the Droid, would like to find an app that lets me enter the workout summary manually, and upload it like the Cardio Trainer app does.

Heart rate, calories, time, distance. And a way to chart that over time. And send it remotely via web to my trainer in another location.

/end wishlist

Big Lou

Reaction score
Well, that may not be possible if the wireless transmission is proprietary or absent in the Droid. If it is possible, I'd love an app myself as I have an chest-band and am training for a marathon.

hibiscus27

Reaction score

that would be a cool app.... i was just thinking about a heart monitor app.

but i've got a question on the one about cycling and running... what is that app called?

Thanks

BSmith

Reaction score
Hibiscus,

I use My Tracks. That has all that information plus it plots and records your journey. With that, I export the file to .gpx and import it to Sport Tracks (free PC app) to keep track of my lack of progress.

Satsportslog does just the speedo thing, with averages, distance, etc.

hibiscus27

Reaction score
Hibiscus,

I use My Tracks. That has all that information plus it plots and records your journey. With that, I export the file to .gpx and import it to Sport Tracks (free PC app) to keep track of my lack of progress.

Satsportslog does just the speedo thing, with averages, distance, etc.

Thanks BSmith!

(i'd like to keep track of my lack of progress as well) :wink:

thomfig

Reaction score
I personally like CardioTrainer for tracking running and biking (also includes pedometer for treadmill running)....

I really love the idea of a heart rate monitor for the Droid, I'm guessing it may be hard to interface with the current devices, but to make a droid heart rate monitor with blue tooth connectivity would be a great add-on accessory that I would buy.

For all you running/biking forum contributors out there with a droid phone, what do you all do to best carry the droid on you when you are biking or running?

NetRangerrr

Reaction score
I'm in the market for something like this too. If the Droid phone could have an ANT wireless interface, it is the defacto standard for heart montors, cycle computers, GPS, etc... these days. Maybe couple it with the cool QinetiQ-Foster Miller physiological monitor shirt! Physiological Monitoring - Foster-Miller

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
MyTracks does rock. I have all of my long walks plotted and exported to Google Maps. So sweet for seeing time and distance...

bpickard

Reaction score
Blue Tooth Heart Rate Monitor

Anyone have any comments or critiques of the Zephyr HxM - Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor for Android smartphones. I found it by Googling (on Amazon). I am looking for a way to integrate other sensor feeds in addition to a heart monitor onto a simple Android display, and have it sent to a database. Ideas? contact me directly at [email protected]

Last edited:

amyliao

Reaction score

Bluetooth heart rate monitor, Heart rate monitor watch, amy at kytoelectronic dot com, USB 3D Pedometer

amyliao

Reaction score
Heart rate monitor

Bluetooth heart rate monitor can work with PC and Android mobile, Wifi heart rate monitor, 2.4Ghz heart rate monitor and receiver with USB adapter, USB 3D Pedometer, 3D pedometer for promotion, Slimming trimmer for ladies to lose weight. amy at kytoelectronic dot com