Headset or Headphones ?

DogPaw

Reaction score
I just went to plug my headset in from my Moto Q and noticed the plug is the standard headphone the same as on the side of my mp3 player. This is great as I can just use standard headphones for listing to music and movies but can a headset be used with the Droid? Do I need to get an adapter for my current headset or do I need to purchase a completely new one?

brandon4256

Reaction score
Just get a new set. I use sony fontopia and they sound awesome for $30. An adapter would just add bulk.

TheShaz

Reaction score
Another question would be. Would a plug in headset take less battery juice than a BT stereo headset? I have a Jabra BT8010, unfortunatly it was left in my pocket and it went thru the wash :mad:

So I have the price of a new BT Stero headset $$$ or standard stereo wired headsets.

I do have a Motorola T505 BT FM adapter for the car - I just got the DROID yesterday and paired it with the T505 - works great. :icon_ banana:

So I think I might get a pair of standard headsets to save funds and then replace by BT stereo headsets later down the road.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
So I am guessing I can use my old headset as long as I pick up a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adaptor. I will be able to use the headphones as well as the mic and controls.

brandon4256

Reaction score
If your headset has a 2.5 it should work with an adapter to 3.5. Just make sure the jack on the adapter has 3 rings. And yes, wired will use a little less battery power.