HDMI adaptor ?

Mookie

Reaction score
So I got the Samsung adapter and got it working, except the picture sucks. I tried every setting combination possible but I cant get it to not look choppy and washed out. I have a 720 TV and am using 1080HD video.

Will it just not have the power to play clearly (the TF700 was nearly perfect)?

Jumper2501

Reaction score
Just curious, how did things work out? I'm expecting my Samsung adapter to arrive in a couple days.

OP
Mookie

Mookie

Reaction score
I am wondering if my video quality isn't that good. It just doesn't look good

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if you got things working any better for you. I got the after-market adapter in the mail (ordered from Amazon), but the tip broke. So, I'm waiting for a new one. I've also got a 720 TV, but videos from my Transformer Infinity look fine on the TV as well, so I'm hopeful that will be the case with the Note II.

If it turns out there was some setting that eventually got you up and running, mind sharing?

OP
Mookie

Mookie

Reaction score
No. I tried it on a better TV and it looks better, no more flickering like mine, but even running 1080 videos on a 1080 TV it looks slightly washed out. I am wondering if I need a better HDMI cable. I am going to try my GN10.1 when my all share wireless hub gets here. I also might try re burning a new dvd and see what happens.

To me, it is bad. But I am wondering if my phone has other hardware issues, because sometimes it just doesn't seem to be right.

bigmotor

Reaction score
I purchased an adapter from Amazon, think I paid like 9 bucks for it. When I hook it up to my Tv it works for like a min. or so then it will make a frying sound and go blank. Was reading on one of the post and found out that the VZW Note 2 takes the factory made Samsung adapter, it also will work on the VZW S3 as well. I read this in several forums to. ..

Jumper2501

Reaction score
Well, the replacement adapter arrived yesterday. I have hooked it to two different TVs (720 and 1080)and a HD monitor. I viewed photos and videos from my previous phone (Bionic), from a camera via the memory card, from my Transformer Infinity tablet and from the Note II. The ones originating on the best devices looked best (no surprise there).

I have to say I'm somewhat satisfied. I'd still like to get my hands on an actual Samsung adapter, though.

bigmotor

Reaction score
The real test is to watch a movie, that's where I was having problems at. ....

OP
Mookie

Mookie

Reaction score
I tried a high def movie and it looked great, using the all share wireless hub, everything else looked bad.