having problems with ss 4.0

akatehpa1n

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm trying try use Chevy's new SS rom. I understand its a nandroid restore. So I flashed back to sprecovery, wiped, and performed the restore. I can get the rom to load but almost immediatley things force close and my phone freezes to where I have to pull the battery. The Google sync freezes and both the included launchers freeze and force close. Any ideas? Currently running Chevy's 3.3 rom. Thanks!

Asterisk

Reaction score
I understand your problem with the launchers cause they kept force closing on me as well. I download launcherpro and it worked with no problems. As for your other issues I have no idea what to say.

validoption

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm trying try use Chevy's new SS rom. I understand its a nandroid restore. So I flashed back to sprecovery, wiped, and performed the restore. I can get the rom to load but almost immediatley things force close and my phone freezes to where I have to pull the battery. The Google sync freezes and both the included launchers freeze and force close. Any ideas? Currently running Chevy's 3.3 rom. Thanks!

Try a different kernel.

les017

Reaction score

Try a different kernel.

You should be able to have a different kernel pre=loaded on SDCard as Update.zip, power down, wipe, perform nandroid of SS 4.0, back up 1 screen and install/allow install/ install depricated........and end up with SS4.0 with a different kernel.

OP
A

akatehpa1n

Reaction score
OK thanks guys. Can I ask what kernal comes with SS and what should I try. Thanks again!

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The 1.0 ULV comes with it - I would suggest you try the 1.0 LV first ...

OP
A

akatehpa1n

Reaction score
Ty Chevy! Your the man, love SS. Ill try when I get home and update you

OP
A

akatehpa1n

Reaction score
OK so I tried the lv kernal. The system performed better and I didn't get any lockups. Until I try to sync my Google account. It locks up and I have to pull battery. Could this be because I have no apps2sd partition? If so I need a rundown on that. Should I leave my phone "froze" and let Google try and sync?

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK so I tried the lv kernal. The system performed better and I didn't get any lockups. Until I try to sync my Google account. It locks up and I have to pull battery. Could this be because I have no apps2sd partition? If so I need a rundown on that. Should I leave my phone "froze" and let Google try and sync?

That should not matter at all ... hmmmm ... can you run a logcat when you try to sync and send me the output?

OP
A

akatehpa1n

Reaction score
I would but i dont exactly know how and i dont have abd installed.

OP
A

akatehpa1n

Reaction score
I don't think its therom. It happens to me on every froyo rom

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK that's good to know it's not something specific to mine - so it's still wigging out?

OP
A

akatehpa1n

Reaction score
Yeah, all roms run great until I add my Google account. Then complete freeze, I'm starting to think I may have to wait for a new froyo build. :(. I've done some research and very few, but there are others, that have the same issue.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, all roms run great until I add my Google account. Then complete freeze, I'm starting to think I may have to wait for a new froyo build. :(. I've done some research and very few, but there are others, that have the same issue.

Well, you can try my 4.1 to see if that clears anything up - do a full wipe to be sure ...