Have you compared the Pro to other android phone?

lemodular

Reaction score
Did anyone compared or test drive other android devices before settling down with the Pro? Like something very different such as the Droid X.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Did anyone compared or test drive other android devices before settling down with the Pro? Like something very different such as the Droid X.

The biggest advantage with this phone is the keyboard. Whether its one hand typing or two; once you get use to it, you start typing with a quickness and thus makes you more productive. I had the Evo prior to getting the Droid Pro and even though I miss the size of that screen, having that physical keypad made up for it.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

The biggest advantage with this phone is the keyboard. Whether its one hand typing or two; once you get use to it, you start typing with a quickness and thus makes you more productive. I had the Evo prior to getting the Droid Pro and even though I miss the size of that screen, having that physical keypad made up for it.

*If* that is your niche. I use to have a blackberry curve, and typed very quickly on it. I can type just as fast on my X with swype. It comes down to preference and each persons abilities that decides which they will be more productive on. For me the massive screen increases my productivity far more than a physical keyboard ever did.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score

*If* that is your niche. I use to have a blackberry curve, and typed very quickly on it. I can type just as fast on my X with swype. It comes down to preference and each persons abilities that decides which they will be more productive on. For me the massive screen increases my productivity far more than a physical keyboard ever did.

What made things easier for me was the ability to type without having to look down and also the short cut keys. Being able to assign any letter to launch any program you want made things better and less of a reason to have them on the home screen.

brutalDROID

Reaction score

What made things easier for me was the ability to type without having to look down and also the short cut keys. Being able to assign any letter to launch any program you want made things better and less of a reason to have them on the home screen.

Did not know you could preset keys to open apps, I will look into it on my dads PRO.

As far as speed goes on the PRO, it seems pretty stable. Ive fooled around with my dads Droid Pro, and Im unable to get the thing to ever hang up on me...Ive been into the Droid scene since the day of release for the D1. Im on a D2 right now, and compared to my phone, the Pro definetly compares.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score

Did not know you could preset keys to open apps, I will look into it on my dads PRO.

As far as speed goes on the PRO, it seems pretty stable. Ive fooled around with my dads Droid Pro, and Im unable to get the thing to ever hang up on me...Ive been into the Droid scene since the day of release for the D1. Im on a D2 right now, and compared to my phone, the Pro definetly compares.

Yeah if you hold the "Search" button and any letter, you can assign that letter to launch any app you want. I think by far the best keyboard I ever used was the keyboard on the Treo 755p, the Droid Pro keyboard isn't the best but, its doable and with enough time with it I'm sure I'll perfect typing on it.

google123

Reaction score
I had 2 other Android devices before I settled on my current Pro. The HTC Droid Eris was my first Android phone. I loved it until it just became to slow for my tastes. I then ended up with a BB Tour. After a while, a friend sold me a brand new Droid for super cheap. I just didn't like it very much. Its a great phone just not for me. I again went back to the Tour. I ended up with the Pro because for me the keyboard is as good as the Tours and it runs Android OS which in many respects is light years ahead of BB. Im happy. Especially now that I have my extended battery and have made some adjustments to the phone.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App