Have I been lucky?

shaggykid

Reaction score
I see a lot of topics of people having multiple issues with their phones.

I've never really seemed to have an issue with any of my phones except for when I got the chocolate. Had to get 3 replacements before I just got another phone.

I had one flip phone from when music first starting coming out on phones. I had it for over a year and wanted a new one. So I tried to break. (Keep in mind I was younger then and pretty stupid.) I used to throw it in the air, play hackysack with it, and other stuff like that. I even went swimming with it in the local pool for like 20 minutes and received a call while underwater. The phone turned off but after a day of not using it, it worked just fine.

Well I've had the droidx for about a year now and have had no issues. I dropped it in a toilet the first day I had it(clean toilet haha). I've accidentally dropped it plenty of times from 2 feet up to 6 feet. Except for a few scratches, the screen has held up, never messed anything up enternally, and even the camera lenses has held up.

I guess this is why I'm a Verizon fanyboy.

Has anybody else been this lucky?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Ha I guess not

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

vatothe0

Reaction score
I'm not that rough on devices but have only needed maybe 3 replacements in 7 years and owning 15 or so phones.

Lg7000
Lg8100
Chocolate
KRZR
LG8350
BB7130? (suretype kb and clickwheel)
PPC6700
Samsung i730
Samsung i760
BB Pearl
Razr maxx flip phone
BB Storm
Droid 1
Thunderbolt
Charge
Droid X

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've noticed that people tend to "scream" louder whenever something goes wrong with something they own, but rarely - if ever - do you see hoopla when things are going great. And most of the time when things go wrong on something, people will exaggerate it a bit and make it out to be some huge ordeal.

I've been pretty lucky too. Just about every cell phone I've had has been flawless. A few years ago I had the LG Dare...hung onto the first one for about a year, and then after a firmware update the Bluetooth started acting up. I took it to the Verizon Wireless store and since it was still under warranty they just gave me a replacement device...apparently the BT antenna had gone bad. No big deal, everything went smoothly and you didn't hear me carrying on about how big a POS device it was.

My Droid X was flawless too...a few weeks before I switched, I dropped it on a table and a few pixels died on the screen, but that's my fault. Oh well...carry on.

I just bought the Nexus a little over 2 weeks ago...the first one I got ended up having a blown phone speaker. So again, took it back to the store and they gave me a new one...no fuss, no muss...I wasn't ranting like a lunatic because I got a bad device.

People seem to sometimes have a hard time grasping the concept of technology (or anything else) not being perfect. If folks could just calm down sometimes and keep a clear head, things will be okay. I'd bet that for everyone who screams about how horrible their experience has been with something, there are several people that have a positive experience with the same thing. You just never hear from them.

I don't think you're necessarily "lucky" in having a solid device, I just think you're one of the few to actually speak up and say that your's has been good.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
I've noticed that people tend to "scream" louder whenever something goes wrong with something they own, but rarely - if ever - do you see hoopla when things are going great. And most of the time when things go wrong on something, people will exaggerate it a bit and make it out to be some huge ordeal.

I've been pretty lucky too. Just about every cell phone I've had has been flawless. A few years ago I had the LG Dare...hung onto the first one for about a year, and then after a firmware update the Bluetooth started acting up. I took it to the Verizon Wireless store and since it was still under warranty they just gave me a replacement device...apparently the BT antenna had gone bad. No big deal, everything went smoothly and you didn't hear me carrying on about how big a POS device it was.

My Droid X was flawless too...a few weeks before I switched, I dropped it on a table and a few pixels died on the screen, but that's my fault. Oh well...carry on.

I just bought the Nexus a little over 2 weeks ago...the first one I got ended up having a blown phone speaker. So again, took it back to the store and they gave me a new one...no fuss, no muss...I wasn't ranting like a lunatic because I got a bad device.

People seem to sometimes have a hard time grasping the concept of technology (or anything else) not being perfect. If folks could just calm down sometimes and keep a clear head, things will be okay. I'd bet that for everyone who screams about how horrible their experience has been with something, there are several people that have a positive experience with the same thing. You just never hear from them.

I don't think you're necessarily "lucky" in having a solid device, I just think you're one of the few to actually speak up and say that your's has been good.

Very good way of putting it there.

Dont get me wrong, I've had my problems with phones but I never felt them large enough to complain about.

I just kinda felt that with as many times that I've dropped my phone, not to mention dunking it in the toilet when I first got it(had a minor heart attack at first), that I've been lucky to not seriously ruin my phone. And lucky to not have constant major issues that some people seem to run into all the time. But you're probably right it's a lot of exaggeration.

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Yes, I've had the Droid X since Jan 2011...it's always worked beautifully, and it's everything I wanted in a phone.
Oooh, but then the Bionic came out. I didn't have the money to upgrade, so I waited, then the Razr came out. Woo hoo!
Um, then the Razr Maxx came out. Hmm...now the Razr HD? or the Galaxy S3? It will definitely be one of those, now that I have a Verizon upgrade.