Has to get a replacement droid last night

Twoo

Reaction score
Around 6pm last night I was driving my car, pulled my phone out of my pocket and immediately dropped it. It was blazing hot, and I mean HOT. I pulled over, picked up my phone and noticed the heat was coming from the battery cover (was radiating through my Seidio phone case). I pulled the battery and noticed it was extremely hot.. to the point it was difficult to hold in my hand.

I went right to the Verizon store to technical support. They put a new battery in my droid and it wouldn't turn on. Apparently the battery got so hot it ruined the phone?? Ended up giving me a brand new replacement phone and battery.

First problem I've had with the Droid so far. Kind of surprising. But, got a new phone :motdroidhoriz:

daddyd302

Reaction score
Ummmmm this is not good news...... I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else or we're gonna get a recall... At least you're ok.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've felt mine get warm from time to time but never that hot. It would be interesting to know what the OP was running at the time this happened (if they were running anything).

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
I've felt mine get warm from time to time but never that hot. It would be interesting to know what the OP was running at the time this happened (if they were running anything).

I wasn't running anything at the time, was strange.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Wow, mine has gotten warm after using Navigation for a hour or more. Warm, but not hot. This is the first I've read of this.

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
Wow, mine has gotten warm after using Navigation for a hour or more. Warm, but not hot. This is the first I've read of this.

Yeah first time here too, wouldn't worry about it.

To be honest, it's probably a battery problem. Bad production model that overheated and 'fried' my droid or something of that nature.

biglu

Reaction score
hope this doesn't lead to the whole iphone exploding scare, it sounds more like an isolated issue.