Has the ipod become obsolete

pabowhunter

Reaction score
The reason why im asking is because my women wants one for her birthday but I don't know if its worth paying the money.... She currently has the Thunderbolt with like 32G cant she just load music on that????? I have a Ipod touch but I ask myself why??? Its just another device to loose get stolen broke... I have a 2 smart phones to load music on....... The only benefit for me is I have A Bose docking station that i can put it on at home... Do they make anything for smart phones other than Iphone????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

sweat90lx

Reaction score
I have a logic Ipod dock/music player. My Ipod sits in there but never gets turned on. I plug my phone into it for music. I really dislike Itunes so I download on my phone and mostly listen to Pandora

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Phillips has come out with a line if Android supported speakers. Check out Amazon. IMO Ipods are becoming less popular thanks to smartphones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an iPod touch and my X is so much better for music. More customizable equalizer, easier and faster to load music and expandable memory. I also don't want to use 2 devices.

Ipods used to be the big thing, but I don't see the point of them if you have a smartphone

Galnet MIUI

robert70

Reaction score
As far as i'm concerned, Ipos is way out of it's time, i have a 60gig classic that i hardley ever use, mostly for books on tape, however all my music is on my x2 and pandora, the phones are getting "big" enough to hold all the music you could ever listen to and Ipos has lost it's edge, why do you think they are trying all these stupid lawsuits, That being said there will always be Ipos fanboi's out there and they will buy nothing but,, just like Awesomedroidboyzzz,,, lol

Big Ry

Reaction score
Listening to Drake via Google music streaming over 4G as I type this...iWhat? :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sal R.

Reaction score
I use my iPod primarily as a white noise machine for my baby.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I have 4 of them in my house...all touch 4th gens...my boys love them because they dont have smartphones....My fiance and I rarley use them,as we both have smartphones.If she has a smartphone,I dont think shed get much use out of it,and to be honest after using my Razr,the ipod touchs 1.0ghz single core processor and 3.5" screen are huge downgrades,it feels like a turd....Also Apple hasnt releases a new ipod in over a year and a half now...my kids ipods are 15 months old and the one you would get your wife today would be the exact same...kind of outdated...IF apple had a newer one Id get them for my boys because theyve worn theres now pretty good now in 15 months,thats a lot in the hands of 12-15 yr olds who use them daily...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think they are going anywhere. They aren't as popular, but when I need a 250GB device for music, the iPod Classic can do it. Not to mention, I like iTunes. It does virtually everything for you when it comes to music.

NatWu

Reaction score
I guess it depends on your personal situation. At home, I play all my music off the computer. All my CDs are ripped onto hard drive. Then of course, I uploaded them to Google music. I also use Spotify and Pandora. My GN has just about nothing loaded onto it. Can't really imagine going back to the old way of having an mp3 player. For kids, sure, maybe.

Forgot to say, it works for both me and my wife.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Still use my iPod daily but thats because it stay hooked in to my car... My tbolt's battery is battery enough already, BT music to it would be even worse, and my car doesn't do the handsfree for it like the iPod. I'm going to slowly get away from it tho cuz all of my new music is on the phone and Xoom and rarely synced to the iPod.

It's personal preference but I'd get her in to putting music on the phone. An iPod is just another thing to sync, and another thing that will be outdated in a few months...

NatWu

Reaction score
Mine's always on the charger in the car. I figure they may have 250 gigs, but I have unlimited music and video. As I said earlier, I use Spotify, Google Music, and Pandora (forgot to mention Amazon). If you actually care about radio, you can use the iheartradio app and get a few hundred stations. I'd understand someone who couldn't afford to make the change, but I can't understand not wanting to. This new way has given me access to an insane amount of music whenever and wherever I want it. I.m never going back!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
No Ipod is still awesome.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Fonzz

Reaction score
I have an iPod classic with 160G's capacity and it's about half full. Even if I could fit that much music on the sd card in my phone, I'd rather leave that space open for my Autoguard videos etc., etc... I use an unlimited skip version of Pandora and Google music for my collection on my phone.
It's nice to know that I'll have enough space on the iPod to keep adding music to it for the rest of my life, never needing to delete anything to make space. I also have an iPod interface in my car and can operate it with steering wheel controls.