Has anyone started getting appointment calls from BB yet?

jcstarr

Reaction score
I am just curious... ridiculous but I have not let my phone leave my side as they said they would call today to schedule an appointment. I called to try and make one earlier this week and they got my name but would not make an appointment, so I don't want to call again and seem stalkerish... LOL

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
just call them today and schedule....your time is valuable and you need to get the phone activated so you can go about your day.

I heard if you are going between 10am and 3 it's advisable to schedule but you really don't have too. they schedule to cut down on wait times. As long as your comfortable with this just walk in. thats what they told me yesterday.

OP
jcstarr

jcstarr

Reaction score
Thanks Cereal! I just called and could not get anyone in mobile to pick up so I left a name and number to call back although I am not holding my breath. It is right up the road so if they don't call back I will drive up there and then they don't have an option.

OP
jcstarr

jcstarr

Reaction score
So I have left numerous messages and could not get a return call so I went to BB in person... WARNING to all!!! Just because these people work in the mobile department doesn't mean they know what they are doing. The young lady tried to tell me that even though I was the first to place a pre-order, I was not definitely getting a phone tomorrow. Pre-order only meant that I would 'eventually' get one but not necessarily in the first shipment. Of course I had to ask to speak with the mobile manager... they only received 19 phones and you should have seen the folder of pre-orders in comparison. I set an appointment then and there and told them I was not leaving without one... they don't open until 10 but they gave me a 9:30 appointment so I should be the second person to receive a phone as the first appointment is at 9. I also explained to them that they were going to have a lot of pissed off people if they did not have enough phones to cover the pre-orders. Anyone who did the pre-order from BB would benefit from calling and checking things out today before you show up and don't have a phone tomorrow.

Even after all of that nonsense, I am nervous about not getting my phone tomorrow... it will be quite the scene in BB if not. :icon_evil:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got my appointment call from Best Buy! I'm picking mine up on my lunch break at 1:30!:icon_ banana:

They said they have set my phone to the side and that I will have one tomorrow. That just made my day.

Trip

Reaction score
Just called the verizon store where I placed my pre-order, they will open at 8am and my phone is sitting on a shelf in the back with my name on it :icon_ lala::icon_ banana::rockon::clap::partsin01::icon_ nana::noworktomorrow::woot:

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to Best Buy yesterday to check out this phone While they didn't have any real ones, they did show me the dummy phone.

I asked how pre-orders were coming along. They had 10 pre-orders so far and a lot of interest!

Irish452

Reaction score
Best Buy called me at 5:30 to set up an appointment for tomorrow.

I pre-ordered 2 days ago and I was #13. The employee made it sound like they received less than 20 phones...

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
They called me yesterday. Mentioned it in the Best Buy thread yesterday as well. Quite the surprise. And they even had them in stock yesterday, but obviously, can't sell it yet.

jaydee6385

Reaction score
They said they called me and tried to set up a meeting.

No. No they did not. I'm thinking about refunding my pre-order and just going to verizon since i've got the NE2 deal.

I can deal with the mail in rebate.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
They said they called me and tried to set up a meeting.

No. No they did not. I'm thinking about refunding my pre-order and just going to verizon since i've got the NE2 deal.

I can deal with the mail in rebate.

I am pretty sure that you will not be allowed to get a refund on the $50 for your preorder. You can use the gift card that they gave you when you preordered to buy accessories at Best Buy, but I thought I read that they will not refund it back to cash/credit card.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
They called me early this morning, and then one of my friends who is a BBM sales rep posted pictures of her new Droid earlier to taunt me! lol

jaydee6385

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that you will not be allowed to get a refund on the $50 for your preorder. You can use the gift card that they gave you when you preordered to buy accessories at Best Buy, but I thought I read that they will not refund it back to cash/credit card.

So can I use the card as a gift card for christmas?!

Donsell

Reaction score

Yep, it's a gift card like any other. I'm going to put my Droid fully on my credit card which has buyer protection and use the gift card for accessories.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

I don't see why not. If you don't fulfill your order with Best Buy, I think you'll just have a $50 gift card on your hands. That's actually a great idea for those who have changed their minds about buying from Best Buy.