Has anyone seen this video yet?

Edmvr6

Reaction score
[video=youtube;zWcRKI9cCPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWcRKI9cCPI[/video]

Damn this "WAS" Horrible to watch... After watching this im deff. keeping my droid, barely falls behind the so called "POWERFULL" nexus1. Who feels the same?

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Not exactly a good test, different browsers load different types of web pages faster. Also they are comparing 3 different wireless networks. There are a lot of factors that could impact the speed. All being said, so what even if it is a little faster. I love my Droid.

markmicallef

Reaction score
That's one test. How about trying that test 10 times on 10 different sites and averaging it out?

OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
actually they were running the test on WIFI

bradclayco

Reaction score
I believe at the end of the video he said "WIFI Browser test". I am still really disappointed how the iPhone schooled both of the Android phones. :(

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is another thread about this video. Open the browser on your droid and start loading engadget.com as soon as the person in the video does. In the other thread, everyone noted that their droid loaded atleast 10 seconds faster than the droid in the video. I read engadget daily, but they are very biased towards the iphone.

OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I was kinda upset that the Iphone did so good also

R1Lover

Reaction score
I have both the iphone and droid in my hand connected to my wifi... I will do the same test and post back up in a few. I will do both wifi and also 3g.

Reaction score
I have both the iphone and droid in my hand connected to my wifi... I will do the same test and post back up in a few. I will do both wifi and also 3g.

After that test, make sure to do it on two different websites. Pick any site you visit often, and let us know the results of that test. Don't forget to clear the cache though!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

yea good luck to you and trying to get anything to load on the iphone when using 3G.

and for the video, I saw both the droid and the nexus running wifi.I dont know what the iphones symbol is for wifi but that might actually be a spot where it gets service (top of a building with a clear sky, touching a cell tower, etc.)

so I say this experiment is completely useless because the wifi they are using could be far away and not have a good connection to the router. and the droid started syncing which would use the connection instead of trying to load the website

all i got to say is DROID DOES (still)

side note: how much longer for 2.1?? :)

Guchi

Reaction score
that was retarded you know the site was pre loaded into cache on the iphone and not the others right

R1Lover

Reaction score
Ok, i''m not going to do a video unless it's needed but here are my results on my wifi network.

loading www.[B]engadget[/B].com

Droid 21 seconds

iphone 3G 32 seconds

This is using my comcast internet that pulls about 30mb dl speeds.

I'm not sure if it's their ads or what but all other sites load so much faster then their site.

So yes www.[B]engadget[/B].com is a bias piece of crap that I will no longer read.

Reaction score
Ok, i''m not going to do a video unless it's needed but here are my results on my wifi network.

loading www.engadget.com

Droid 21 seconds

iphone 3G 32 seconds

This is using my comcast internet that pulls about 30mb dl speeds.

I'm not sure if it's their ads or what but all other sites load so much faster then their site.

So yes www.engadget.com is a bias piece of crap that I will no longer read.

Nice. It was fairly obvious from the video that something was fishy.

Also the website is poorly designed and doesn't load fast for anyone.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Same wifi

loading droidforums.net

Droid 8 seconds
iphone 3G 13 seconds

Next up 3G connections