hard reset help

fisher_i_am

Reaction score
I got a very old droid with old software and the hard reset ("x" and power button) does not bring up the arrow as I understand it should. Verizon store could not get this to work either. I'm trying to do this to load the latest version of sw on the phone.

any suggestions on how to hard reset this phone?

jtydroid

Reaction score
I got a very old droid with old software and the hard reset ("x" and power button) does not bring up the arrow as I understand it should. Verizon store could not get this to work either. I'm trying to do this to load the latest version of sw on the phone.

any suggestions on how to hard reset this phone?

Just want to be sure you're following the process right before we look at other options, you're holding X the entire time the phone is booting up? You don't need to hold the power button after it turns on, but you do have to hold X.

OP
F

fisher_i_am

Reaction score
I did as you say and all i get prior to the wallpaper is "android" in small funky green leters and a small green droid guy.... then it goes to my wallpaper.

thanks for the prompt reply

jtydroid

Reaction score
Try connecting to your PC and holding 'up' on the d-pad, does that access the bootloader?

You may have to use RSD to do a clean flash to 2.01

In fact, it may be that that's what you had to do all along. I'm something of an slightly-experienced novice at this stuff.

OP
F

fisher_i_am

Reaction score
ok, i'm very new in with droid thing..

connected to pc and the up on the d pad only highlights different icons on main screen.

not sure what rsd is?

I'm afraid I'm a bit useless here and really appreciate your help and prompt replies

jtydroid

Reaction score
There's a lot more than I can explain in the Droid Hacks forum, look for a Sticky that talks about flashing to stock 2.01

That said, you have to restart the droid while it's connected to your pc, then hold up untill it loads the bootloader (it happens very quickly).

It's very odd that X while reloading wont work though, I hope someone else chimes in with some thoughts on that before you have to learn how to use RSD.

RSD is a software that allows you to flash over the existing software on your phone from your pc.

coolkidd

Reaction score
ok, i'm very new in with droid thing..

connected to pc and the up on the d pad only highlights different icons on main screen.

not sure what rsd is?

I'm afraid I'm a bit useless here and really appreciate your help and prompt replies

RSD Lite is the software Verizon Techs uses to flash your phone. If you went to them, they should have flashed your phone already.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
when you get to that screen with android and the green droid guy you have to press Volume UP and Camera buttons at the same time. Then you will get the recovery screen.

Do what you did before, hold X while powering on until motorola logo is gone and android guy is there. Then press volume up and camera.

OP
F

fisher_i_am

Reaction score
when you get to that screen with android and the green droid guy you have to press Volume UP and Camera buttons at the same time. Then you will get the recovery screen.

Do what you did before, hold X while powering on until motorola logo is gone and android guy is there. Then press volume up and camera.

thanks for this, but i still can get it to hard reset.... beginning to wonder if this droid will ever work?