Hard Drive and Droid

jdo402

Reaction score
Back in the day when camera phones and ipods were coming out I hoped for the day when they all would be combined into one device. I think that day is here but the only down fall with the droid and any phone at that is the lack of memory. I have about 40gb of music and 20gb of movies on my ipod. Wondering if anyone has tried to connect a small portable external hard drive to the droid or if it is even possible.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back in the day when camera phones and ipods were coming out I hoped for the day when they all would be combined into one device. I think that day is here but the only down fall with the droid and any phone at that is the lack of memory. I have about 40gb of music and 20gb of movies on my ipod. Wondering if anyone has tried to connect a small portable external hard drive to the droid or if it is even possible.
because what you want is a second, larger device to carry, that has moving, spinning parts that could explode just from dropping it.

the DROID comes with a 16GB MicroSDHC card and 32GB MicroSDHC cards are around the corner.

devices are using less and less moving parts because of reliability.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I agre, it's a timing matter. In 5 years all our phones will have at least 100gb of memory.

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol @ 100g. I'm looking towards 1T devices.

we'll either be carrying TONS of storage, or we'll all exist in internet clouds and storage will mean nothing to the average consumer.