Handcent Privacy Settings

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid 1, and have handcent. I set the pop up to not show the message just the sender. But when I click on the "View" button it will not unlock. If I have it set to show the message, the popup works just fine. Can someone help me? Do I have something set wrong? I think I remember it did work correctly once but after the updates it stopped.

janson745

Reaction score
By clicking the "view", that doesnt unlock your phone. You click "view", then you have to unlock your phone... and then the box is right there.

Conversely, if you have been using your phone, and it has not gone to sleep yet, that same popup will show up, and when you click "view", the message shows as I think you were asking about.

OP
T

[email protected]

Reaction score
my phone is already unlocked when i have this problem. clicking "view" does nothing, which is the problem

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
So just so that I understand what you are asking......

You have the notifications of a new text up in the notification bar and that will briefly show you who sent it and the first line or so of the text.

You also have it set to pop up once you get a new text but you do not want the content of the text to show. Am I correct???

OP
T

[email protected]

Reaction score
Yes. So when the pop up window shows it shows the contact but not the message. But I can click on the 'view" button and nothing happens. If i have the privacy setting turned off and allow the message to show on the popup I can click reply and it takes me to the program.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I just checked my settings and if I allow the pop up and want to block the message and only show the sender I will have to unlock each time to view the message. I guess this is a change in the app because I never had to unlock in order to view the message through the pop up. I have now changed my settings for no popups. I only get the notifications in the notification bar.

Sorry that I could not help you but it seems as though you may have your set correctly but did not realize the app had changed.

If I am missing something, please let me know. I use and like handcent.

Gena12

Reaction score
I have a droid razr and am having a similar problem. I have it set so that i can see only the sender on the popup, and i would hit view, which would take me to my unlock screen and i could see the message after i unlocked it. now nothing happens when i hit view. i have to close the message, unlock my phone, and then i have to go into the handcent app to get the text. this started right after the last update. is there a way to fix this?