Handcent Not Displaying Pictures

black04redline

Reaction score
Just as the title says. I am using the Handcent SMS program for texting and no matter what size I choose the picture to display, or if I toggle the display picture on/off, the contact's pictures never show up in my message thread lists. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
I love the app so far, but I also love seeing my friends little faces while Im messaging as well...

JayMonster

Reaction score
I am assuming you are looking to see Facebook Photos? Handcent DOES support this now (since version 2.9.18) and always supported the local photos. If you have updated and they are still not showing check under Settings and Display Contact Picture. Mine is currently set to "Large" and it displays both pictures I have taken and associated with a contact as well as the Facebook pictures for other friends.

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
Out of my entire list of message threads 100+ and prob about 20-30 that should have pictures, only one of them does. Even when I click it to "display contact picture-->large"

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
Name still displays across the top of the thread when reading/replying. I just figure if im caught, im gonna be caught with a picture instead of just the name lol.

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
The pictures in message threads is one of my favorite things about the phone...so I can't justify using handcent over the oem message system. The only benefit to handcent is the different color led and different thread types in my opinion. I will uninstall until it is configured to display the photos.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling. As I said, it currently shows the pictures from Facebook and this was the major reason for the 2.9.17 release (News & Events).

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
Im running the 2.9.19 and I just uninstalled, and reinstalled and still experiencing the problem. :huh:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Im running the 2.9.19 and I just uninstalled, and reinstalled and still experiencing the problem. :huh:
very odd....

when you go into settings/applications/manage applications and open handcent..

Is the option to clear cache available?

If yes clear it. (I think it will be grayed out though)

Last resort would be to uninstall again and hard reset then reinstall.

The pics should just automatically populate over. Not sure why this is happening since it has been fixed via update

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates with this issue and Handcent? Does the program still have this problem with the few that had it...?