Handcent issue?

Chillson

Reaction score
When I get a text message, I open up the notification bar, click on it and it opens. But when I hit the back button, it brings me back to the homepage instead of my list of text messages. Anyone else experience this?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When I get a text message, I open up the notification bar, click on it and it opens. But when I hit the back button, it brings me back to the homepage instead of my list of text messages. Anyone else experience this?

I'm not using Handcent, but that's pretty common with a lot of apps. I use bloo for Facebook, and when I get a notification, I click on it and it takes me to the notifications list. When I click back from there after having opened the app, it takes me back to the main screen of the app, but when I open it from the notification bar, it takes me back home.

Not sure if they do that to conserve system resources, or if they just figure that, if you're opening the notification about a text, you'll want to read it and/or reply, then be done with messaging.

BzB

Reaction score
^ ditto. i don't think it's an error. hitting the back button takes you back to the screen you were on previously. in your case it was the home screen.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
These guys are on point. The back button just works that way :)

bL33d

Reaction score
i quit useing handcent and use chompsms now seems better to me.

OP
C

Chillson

Reaction score
Oh alright, learn something new every day.

EDIT: Thanks!